Sponsored by:

PiviPro version no.?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 11:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default PiviPro version no.?

Hi, all

Tonight I took delivery of my '24 X-Dynamic SE. I would think that the '24s would ship with the newest version of PiviPro, but it won't display Apple Maps in the IDD. Since no software has been downloaded, the software update screen does not list a version number. Is there a way to display the version currently being used? I can't find it in the menu structure. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Gary

Old 09-07-2023, 12:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

The software update menu will show it. Settings cog > All > Software updates.
Problem is, it will only show the last downloaded and installed version/change log. So if you just took delivery, it won’t show anything until the vehicle decides to fetch an OTA update. Until then you’re stuck just seeing “software is up to date” or something along those lines.

Old 09-07-2023, 12:48 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by chuyn
The software update menu will show it. Settings cog > All > Software updates.
Problem is, it will only show the last downloaded and installed version/change log. So if you just took delivery, it won’t show anything until the vehicle decides to fetch an OTA update. Until then you’re stuck just seeing “software is up to date” or something along those lines.
That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks.
I think your dealer can force the update to 4.0. I would ask them since you just took delivery. Just be careful to have them update to 4.0, not 4.01 (which is the latest one). I have seen reports (and experienced myself) that if you go straight to the latest version and skip the previous one, you may loose the features brought by the previous (in your case Apple Maps in IDD). In my case I skipped the version immediately before 4.0, which brought the red line in the back-up camera system, and do not have that feature in my car. I don't really care for that, but I would care a great deal if I skipped Maps in the IDD.

Old 09-07-2023, 04:38 PM
Mudding
Received 128 Likes on 82 Posts

I picked mine up the first week of August. The dealer would not force an update for me. It took until the end of August for my turn to come and get updated to 4.0.0
I don't use Apple Maps all that much, it does'nt allow for the satellite overlay so it's kind of meh.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

I picked up my Defender from the dealer about 9 days ago. I was curious also about which software version came installed. In the settings, under UPDATE, it was blank and when asked, the salesman kinda shrugged his shoulders about it. I figured he had no idea. From being on here I knew if you could see the 2 lines on the rear view and Apple Maps on the IDD you were good. I had the back up lines on the camera but no Apple Maps on IDD. This morning I received the notification that there as an update ready for me. 4.0.0. The 110 is now up to date and Apple maps is indeed on the IDD. Glorious in full screen, I might add. Software version now reads 4.0.0. I suspect you may be in the same boat as me and in a couple days your Defender will get the update.

The following users liked this post:
drgek (09-09-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 10:31 PM
Overlanding
Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FareWarning
I picked up my Defender from the dealer about 9 days ago. I was curious also about which software version came installed. In the settings, under UPDATE, it was blank and when asked, the salesman kinda shrugged his shoulders about it. I figured he had no idea. From being on here I knew if you could see the 2 lines on the rear view and Apple Maps on the IDD you were good. I had the back up lines on the camera but no Apple Maps on IDD. This morning I received the notification that there as an update ready for me. 4.0.0. The 110 is now up to date and Apple maps is indeed on the IDD. Glorious in full screen, I might add. Software version now reads 4.0.0. I suspect you may be in the same boat as me and in a couple days your Defender will get the update.
I just got the notification to update this evening as well. Picked up from the dealer this past weekend. I think it just takes a bit of time.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark
I just got the notification to update this evening as well. Picked up from the dealer this past weekend. I think it just takes a bit of time.
Oh nice! I was just sitting in it looking over everything, I don't really know what "live" apps are but it seems to be new. I also can't confirm if the truck only updates from wifi or will it pull down from 4G as an alternative. It was parked down the block from my house, no way my wifi was any kind of strong there. Yet Pivi said it had been downloaded and was now ready for install. I do have the online pack with 4G so maybe it uses that option as well. either way, I'm very pleased the first install went smoothly.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:01 AM
Overlanding
Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FareWarning
Oh nice! I was just sitting in it looking over everything, I don't really know what "live" apps are but it seems to be new. I also can't confirm if the truck only updates from wifi or will it pull down from 4G as an alternative. It was parked down the block from my house, no way my wifi was any kind of strong there. Yet Pivi said it had been downloaded and was now ready for install. I do have the online pack with 4G so maybe it uses that option as well. either way, I'm very pleased the first install went smoothly.
Yeah honestly not sure. I've had the car connected to my home network since I picked it up. But this evening after a drive, it notified me when I got home that there's an update. I also have the online pack & car wifi. Updated and everything seems to be working fine, Apple Maps in the gauge cluster is gorgeous.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:29 PM
Three Wheeling

This is all very helpful. Thanks for the information. Like FareWarning, I get the two lines on rear view but no Apple Maps on IDD. I can wait for the download

Quick Reply: PiviPro version no.?