Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PiviPro version no.?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
This is all very helpful. Thanks for the information. Like FareWarning, I get the two lines on rear view but no Apple Maps on IDD. I can wait for the download
It should be coming very soon! Had an encore delivery appointment at the dealer this afternoon. Spoke about the over-air-updates, make sure you have all the inControl account stuff set up, which they should've already set up for you. I've also noticed with 4.0, and this is totally helpful for me at least, that you can change maps on the IDD pretty easily. Without apple maps in an active guidance mode the IDD apple map has no zoom function in which driving today I noticed to be a little awkward seeing streets up close. However you can change the IDD back to Pivi and keep apple maps on the center screen until you activate a route, then at that time the IDD automatically switches to apple map guidance. It's pretty ingenious and found this info on a Velar forum of all places lol.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:11 PM
Winching
Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Go to settings and agree to software update. Lock the car and wait an hour. It should update itself.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sblvro
Go to settings and agree to software update. Lock the car and wait an hour. It should update itself.
I'm not sure where in the settings menu there is an option to agree to a software update. Under software updates, it just states that it is up to date. I'm sure it will download eventually.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:35 PM
Mudding
Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by sblvro
I'm not sure where in the settings menu there is an option to agree to a software update. Under software updates, it just states that it is up to date. I'm sure it will download eventually.
In the example that sblvro is talking about you'll need to wait for the actual update, then do the steps he indicated. It'll look like you have a message on your profile icon. If it hasn't been pushed to you, it won't be there to agree to.

I don't know if it would be advantageous to keep connected to wifi at night or not. I was in the same position as you and made sure to be on wifi at night, but I'm pretty sure mine updated while I was out driving around one day. I pulled into a gas station and got the alert that an update was there.

When I picked mine up whatever version was installed had the red/yellow lines on the camera, all I was missing was the apple maps on the instrument panel.

My apple maps are weird. It's so zoomed in on the cluster that all I see is a little blue ball bouncing up and down as I fly down the freeway. I'm hoping I have something set wrong, but it's certainly not that impressive. I toggle back to pivi maps just to make sure I don't get seasick watching that map on the cluster.

Old 09-10-2023, 06:39 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by chpsk8
In the example that sblvro is talking about you'll need to wait for the actual update, then do the steps he indicated. It'll look like you have a message on your profile icon. If it hasn't been pushed to you, it won't be there to agree to.

I don't know if it would be advantageous to keep connected to wifi at night or not. I was in the same position as you and made sure to be on wifi at night, but I'm pretty sure mine updated while I was out driving around one day. I pulled into a gas station and got the alert that an update was there.

When I picked mine up whatever version was installed had the red/yellow lines on the camera, all I was missing was the apple maps on the instrument panel.

My apple maps are weird. It's so zoomed in on the cluster that all I see is a little blue ball bouncing up and down as I fly down the freeway. I'm hoping I have something set wrong, but it's certainly not that impressive. I toggle back to pivi maps just to make sure I don't get seasick watching that map on the cluster.
The parking spot in my garage gets a strong wifi signal from my router and the car is set to connect to my home network, so it is connected at night. The car is only four days old. It will update at some point.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:05 AM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Does anyone know if the car needs to be locked to get the update (not download)? Trying in vain to get a pivi update. Car year old and have never gotten a pivi but have gotten others. Car still shows no software version and dealer says up to date. Also is it worth calling corporate to see if they can look into it and maybe confirm my version?

Last edited by mlw911; 09-12-2023 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Double lock, whether supported for certain functions here in the states or not.

On delivery it will not show the version, which appears to be 3.3 right now? After 8 to 10 days, you will get the update. It's random as far as selection. Nothing you can do to speed it up.

Mine updated to 3.3.1 the day before 4.0 was made available, and 4.0 after another week or so. I still have not seen 4.0.1

I would have to look, but I picked my. D90S mid July.

Last edited by Ratledge; 09-12-2023 at 06:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ratledge:
drgek (09-12-2023), mlw911 (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 08:22 AM
Mudding
Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks. I wasn't sure if double locking disconnects the wifi but i'll give it a whirl.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:41 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Ratledge
Double lock, whether supported for certain functions here in the states or not.

On delivery it will not show the version, which appears to be 3.3 right now? After 8 to 10 days, you will get the update. It's random as far as selection. Nothing you can do to speed it up.

Mine updated to 3.3.1 the day before 4.0 was made available, and 4.0 after another week or so. I still have not seen 4.0.1

I would have to look, but I picked my. D90S mid July.
What is the functional difference between double locking and only single locking? I tried finding it in the owners' manual to no avail.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:48 AM
Mudding
Received 126 Likes on 80 Posts

What is the functional difference between double locking and only single locking? I tried finding it in the owners' manual to no avail.
Double lock sets the alarm.

When you see the update it will ask you to lock and set the alarm for it to install.

The following users liked this post:
drgek (09-14-2023)

Quick Reply: PiviPro version no.?