Sponsored by:

Planned Handover, Accepted Delivery, and Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 10:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Planned Handover, Accepted Delivery, and Delivery Date

Hey Everyone,

Apologies if this topic was covered on another thread, but does anyone know exactly what the difference is between delivery date, accepted delivery, and planned handover are? The dates off of my build sheet are included below and almost seem like they should be listed in the opposite order with delivery date coming first and handover happening last??

Build Date - 7/22/21
Delivery Date - 9/10/21
Accepted Delivery - 8/27/21
Planned Handover - 8/21/21
Customer Handover - Blank

Old 08-20-2021, 11:04 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts

I presume Hand over is from manufacturer to shipper, then shipper to dealer then dealer to customer.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:27 AM
Winching
Received 245 Likes on 173 Posts

Through several months of vista updates I have observed the handover dates not being updated when build dates or delivery dates have changed. On my most recent update the delivery date is three weeks after the accepted delivery.

My guesses so far is that delivery date is the date they are anticipating the dealership to take delivery of the defender off the delivery truck.

Accepted delivery will be the day that the dealership takes physical ownership of the defender.

Planned Handover is the date to which the dealership is planning to have the defender taken out of transport mode and ready to be sold to the customer .

Customer Handover is the actual date that the defender is sold to the customer and taken off the lot.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Moretti
Through several months of vista updates I have observed the handover dates not being updated when build dates or delivery dates have changed. On my most recent update the delivery date is three weeks after the accepted delivery.

My guesses so far is that delivery date is the date they are anticipating the dealership to take delivery of the defender off the delivery truck.

Accepted delivery will be the day that the dealership takes physical ownership of the defender.

Planned Handover is the date to which the dealership is planning to have the defender taken out of transport mode and ready to be sold to the customer .

Customer Handover is the actual date that the defender is sold to the customer and taken off the lot.
Thanks! That would definitely make sense if the handover dates just aren’t updated while delivery and build date are.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:37 AM
Winching
Received 245 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by tkiel
Thanks! That would definitely make sense if the handover dates just aren’t updated while delivery and build date are.
I glossed over your dates originally but noticed that yours are in a similar fashion. On my most recent vista the planned handover day got updated to the day after the delivery date. On the one before that it was three weeks after the delivery date which seemed really odd to me.

My defender just made it through the panama canal last night so I would imagine most of the remaining time are pretty firm as the ship seems to keep a pretty good schedule. The only variable remaining will be getting the vehicle to my dealer from the port. Fortunately its only a few hours away.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:42 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Moretti
I glossed over your dates originally but noticed that yours are in a similar fashion. On my most recent vista the planned handover day got updated to the day after the delivery date. On the one before that it was three weeks after the delivery date which seemed really odd to me.

My defender just made it through the panama canal last night so I would imagine most of the remaining time are pretty firm as the ship seems to keep a pretty good schedule. The only variable remaining will be getting the vehicle to my dealer from the port. Fortunately its only a few hours away.
Makes sense. I’m in Chicago so it’ll take a bit longer to get delivered from port.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:38 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's odd seeing different terminology being used for stages of ordering and delivery. My dealer just sent this screenshot to me today.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 110 Posts

Build Date - 7/22/21 (when your defender started getting built at the factory)
Delivery Date - 9/10/21 (when your defender is scheduled to be delivered to you)
Accepted Delivery - 8/27/21 (when your defender is delivered to your dealer by the transport truck)
Planned Handover - 8/21/21 (not sure, maybe from freight boat to transport truck at the port?)
Customer Handover - Blank (not sure, maybe the date when you actually pick up your defender?)

The following users liked this post:
tkiel (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

This is what mine looked like.

Delivery date was delayed by 1-week. Picker her up.

Accepted delivery is a weird one.