Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices Going Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 08:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts
Default Prices Going Up

They've been beating around this bush for a while now. Statements over the last year about "rethinking the value proposition" have now turned into "you will pay more".

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/jaguar-land-rover-gets-image-boost-chips-shortage

​​​​​

Old 05-17-2022, 09:32 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Interesting - but I would hold that the Germans are succeeding at both.

Would have been great to hear they are prioritizing solving their reliability perceptions

Matt

The following users liked this post:
_Allegedly (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 09:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Ah, that's a new data point to me. I thought the current prices from the Defender 1 as the increase and drop in volume were what they were after. Didn't know it was subsequent to that. Meaning if that statement was vs. Defender 1, I get it. And if they want to continue to rocket things higher, I don't. If they start increasing the costs to "supercar" levels and the volume down the same, then they are going to have to rethink their Dealership network. Some transportation manufacturers have been shrinking the number of Dealership networks to better control things.

_Allegedly (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 12:16 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MattF
Interesting - but I would hold that the Germans are succeeding at both.

Would have been great to hear they are prioritizing solving their reliability perceptions

Matt
It's true. Merc can get $100k ADM's on the G-Wagen all day long and it's sold out for at least 2 years while LR has not yet found a true celebrity/cult following with any model except, maybe ironically, the old Defender.

Old 05-17-2022, 05:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

I have two dealerships outbidding each other over the last few days on my 2022 D90, crazy, looking at $11k more than I paid for it. We can afford to gas up the P400, but I feel like a F'g idiot and hostage at the same time when I pull into a gas station. I absolutely LOVE this Defender, best vehicle I have ever owned. Period. But we are going to Tesla.

GrouseK9 (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 06:22 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Low Country
I have two dealerships outbidding each other over the last few days on my 2022 D90, crazy, looking at $11k more than I paid for it. We can afford to gas up the P400, but I feel like a F'g idiot and hostage at the same time when I pull into a gas station. I absolutely LOVE this Defender, best vehicle I have ever owned. Period. But we are going to Tesla.
​​​​​​
Grab a refundable pre-order on on an R1S. It'll be a while but prices are going up and I think it will be immensely popular once people start to see them.

This is mine. $78k w/316 mile range. 0 to 60 in 2.5 in a 7seater that's as big as a Defender and extremely capable off-road. Probably going to flip it but idk yet.

Old 05-17-2022, 06:31 PM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Less expensive to "fuel" so I get why so many are making the move. Not my thing but I get it.

To me EVs are simply coal powered (by and large)

Which Tesla?

Matt

GrouseK9 (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 04:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 254 Likes on 156 Posts

I love mine too and stretched to get into it budget-wise but my expenses went up too much this year and I'm moving on in 4-6 months. Best offer I've had in this vicinity was 1k over MSRP from Ford, so it looks like I'm probably going back to Ford of all things. I'll be sure my AAA membership is up to date. lol In fairness to Ford I've never owned a new one or had a warranty on one so hopefully if well maintained from the get-go I can get 5 or 6 relatively problem free years out of it as a daily. The JLR dealer offered MSRP and had an off-lease F-Pace loaded but I decided against it. They had an off lease Evoque too which was trashed IMO so that was out of the question. I'd have to order a new one and my budget builds for it were still at 52k so I'm out. Would like to come back to JLR eventually when finances improve after child support runs its course etc.

Last edited by Chief65; 05-18-2022 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 682 Likes on 410 Posts

Anyone else do the build and price on the new Range Rover Sport?

https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicle...ort/index.html

Certainly more expensive than the previous version. My build came up to $99K. Makes our new X5 M50i look like a bargain at $85K.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Hi Matt,

I ordered the Model 3 Performance. Its completely bipolar from my Defender 90 in every way. My Defender was by FAR the best vehicle I've ever owned. Going to miss everything about it but the gas mileage. Delivering it today to the dealer that's buying it. 😔

Quick Reply: Prices Going Up