Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Jack Points and Stands

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Question About Jack Points and Stands

Good afternoon all. I’m scratching my head because I’d like to place my 90 on a jack stand so I can safely remove a tire to work. Problem is if I jack it up (bottle jack) using the front side point, there’s not enough room to fit the jack stand also under that point. Some other cars have a front jacking point—I assume for this purpose—but I think we just have the 4 side points. Can anyone suggest another safe jacking point I could use or some other method to get a jack stand to hold up a corner?

Thanks,

K

Last edited by A Faceless Man; 05-06-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Three Wheeling

I looked over the user manual (useless) and the iGUIDE app (even worse) and found nothing (hence this thread) but after searching the net until my eyes popped out I found a link that, I think, is for a version of the 90 showing jack stand points just interior to the axels. Here’s a few pics. Thoughts?

This came from an accessory fitting guide hierarchy from here: https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...4!G2745447!0!5

Last edited by A Faceless Man; 05-06-2021 at 10:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by A Faceless Man:
Juancl (05-06-2021), Kev M (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 700 Likes on 405 Posts

This is potentially a really useful point of information. Thank you.

I just came out from under my D110 P300 and think I have confirmed the locations for the jack stands. They are not large and will require some blocking to make sure nothing is damaged (as noted in the instructions). The points seem to be hefty enough and are basically where the suspension components are mated to the sub frame.

As I remove the shielding as part of the Rock Slider install, I will take photos and share to see, if you confirm the locations. Should be in about 10 or 15 days from now.

The following 3 users liked this post by TrioLRowner:
HI Rover (08-28-2022), Juancl (05-06-2021), Kev M (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by TrioLRowner
This is potentially a really useful point of information. Thank you.

I just came out from under my D110 P300 and think I have confirmed the locations for the jack stands. They are not large and will require some blocking to make sure nothing is damaged (as noted in the instructions). The points seem to be hefty enough and are basically where the suspension components are mated to the sub frame.

As I remove the shielding as part of the Rock Slider install, I will take photos and share to see, if you confirm the locations. Should be in about 10 or 15 days from now.
Great! I’m glad it’s useful and thanks for checking your own undercarriage. Just crawled under there not a few minutes ago and also visually validated the points are there and appear solid. According to the instructions they have you jacking up using the 4 jack points and placing stands under our newly-discovered subframe parts. I’ll have to think about how to block the top of my stands. I have a grooved hockey puck for my floor jack, but my stands will need something. Looks like the front points are flat, but the rear ones contain that bolt to connect to the suspension system.

Cheers,

K

Last edited by A Faceless Man; 05-06-2021 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Sounds great. Could you please take pictures and publish exactly where you placed the front and rear stands? I think people could benefit from it.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:17 PM
Three Wheeling

Sounds great. Could you please take pictures and publish exactly where you placed the front and rear stands? I think people could benefit from it.
Happy to. Give me a bit.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Ok here’s a couple of lighted underside shots. The flatter trapezoidal shape is the front and the circular bolted (suspension to sub frame) joint is in the rear.

I’m not as certain about the rear as I am about the front only because the highlighted shape on the diagram is not easy to decipher.

Last edited by A Faceless Man; 05-06-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:04 PM
Three Wheeling

There’s nothing under my car that has a shape like the highlighted part in the diagram for the rear. It’s definitely flat looking and rectangular according to the diagram but I can’t seem to find anything that looks close.

Old 05-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

yes, I agree with both of your points. Those are the exact ones I concluded were correct, as well.

And yes, the drawing is a little bit off. But there are no other existing options.....

Old 05-06-2021, 04:18 PM
Three Wheeling

yes, I agree with both of your points. Those are the exact ones I concluded were correct, as well.

And yes, the drawing is a little bit off. But there are no other existing options.....
Ok thanks Trio. Probably a week or so away from needing to get the defender off the ground, so I’ll report back with any updates.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Question About Jack Points and Stands