Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quicksilver Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quicksilver Exhausts

I’m booked in for fitting a Quicksilver Exhaust to my V8 110 next week.

Any feedback from users out there?

Old 03-08-2022, 12:30 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

you will prob be one the first. I went with Milltek and have been waiting for it to come in. supposed to be this week

i didn’t end up with Quicksilver due to the valves needing power. you will have a the module plugged in the rear cigarette lighter. you can full control the system which is nice but don’t want wires in the trunk

Originally Posted by TheEscapist
I’m booked in for fitting a Quicksilver Exhaust to my V8 110 next week.

Any feedback from users out there?

Old 03-08-2022, 11:53 AM
Drifting

So a little birdie told me not to buy Quicksilver as they aren’t well made and a nightmare to fit. I’ve opted for the Milltek exhaust which I think sounds similar and looks better for sure at the rear end. Apparently the Milltek syncs to the LR comfort / dynamic settings so is “auto” unlike the Quicksilver which requires an app which is a bit annoying. I’ll keep everyone posted on progress and send some photos and videos.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:12 PM
Winching

the Milltek uses the oem valves and as you mentioned is controlled as normal with dynamic and other modes.

have you purchased the Milltek yet?

So a little birdie told me not to buy Quicksilver as they aren’t well made and a nightmare to fit. I’ve opted for the Milltek exhaust which I think sounds similar and looks better for sure at the rear end. Apparently the Milltek syncs to the LR comfort / dynamic settings so is “auto” unlike the Quicksilver which requires an app which is a bit annoying. I’ll keep everyone posted on progress and send some photos and videos.

Old 03-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Drifting

I’ve laid a deposit and all being well it will be fitted next Monday morning.

The installer was very helpful, has fitted it before and highly recommended it.

He was very reluctant to fit a Quicksilver exhaust based on his past experience. Apparently, the pipes rarely fit, have to be cut down, it takes a lot of time and is messy.

im glad I’ve switched to the Milltek system and by all accounts I dodged a bullet.

To be honest I had alarm bells ringing dealing with Quicksilver when they were insisting on full payment up front and offering no guarantees if things went wrong.

Old 03-08-2022, 11:25 PM
Winching

to be honest this is the first negative thing i have heard about quicksilver. from just pics it looks like they make a good product. The Milltek is pretty raw. nothing is polished and welds look a little messy. might not affect anything but Quicksilver spends more time of presentation

I’ve laid a deposit and tall being well it will be fitted next Monday morning.

The installer was very helpful, has fitted it before and highly recommended it.

He was very reluctant to fit a Quicksilver exhaust based on his past experience. Apparently, the pipes rarely fit, have to be cut down, it takes a lot of time and is messy.

im glad I’ve switched to the Milltek system and by all accounts I dodged a bullet.

To be honest I had alarm bells ringing dealing with Quicksilver when they were insisting on full payment up front and offering no guarantees if things went wrong.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:12 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

@TheEscapist , looking forward to seeing and hearing your Milltek setup. Did you opt for the resonated or non-resonated setup? Is your car a UK model with a particulate filter?

I think many are curious to hear how your setup will sound as we want to get more out of our throaty V8s!

If you can post some photos of the install under the vehicle as well, that would be helpful.

Good luck and hope the install goes well.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:54 AM
4wd Low
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehloo
to be honest this is the first negative thing i have heard about quicksilver. from just pics it looks like they make a good product. The Milltek is pretty raw. nothing is polished and welds look a little messy. might not affect anything but Quicksilver spends more time of presentation
Same here on Quicksilver, run their exhaust on my R8 as do a number of folks in my local group, great product overall, maybe its start up pains (proto to production tooling??) Anyway look forward to "hearing" how theses installs go...

Old 03-09-2022, 01:05 PM
Winching

my replacement milltek is scheduled to arrive today but i have had a v8 milltek sitting at home for 2 weeks. Long story.

after examining the Milltek system there is very little baffling even when the valves are closed. i am in the states and don’t have Opf /ppf filters. i am expecting the system to be pretty loud and opted to purchase with the center resonator.

i don’t believe there is any videos of the milltek on a Us car yet

the Quicksilver atleast has direct flow into the muffler. i do prefer the overall exhaust layout better in the Quicksilver but don’t like their valve system and hook up

if this exhaust finally gets in my hands today i have an install appointment on Friday

Originally Posted by Beastly
Same here on Quicksilver, run their exhaust on my R8 as do a number of folks in my local group, great product overall, maybe its start up pains (proto to production tooling??) Anyway look forward to "hearing" how theses installs go...

Old 03-09-2022, 04:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Polar993
@TheEscapist , looking forward to seeing and hearing your Milltek setup. Did you opt for the resonated or non-resonated setup? Is your car a UK model with a particulate filter?

I think many are curious to hear how your setup will sound as we want to get more out of our throaty V8s!

If you can post some photos of the install under the vehicle as well, that would be helpful.

Good luck and hope the install goes well.
Yes, U.K. car and non-resonated as the installer told me resonated would sound just like my stock exhaust.

Last edited by TheEscapist; 03-10-2022 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Quicksilver Exhausts