Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random questions on a 2021 defender

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 11:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random questions on a 2021 defender

I took it camping last week, I wasn't thrilled to find out that the stereo won't stay on unless the car is running, same w/ USB ports, I'm sure there's a way to change this and would love any input.

I also an issue w/ the heater / fan turning on in the middle of the night while the engine was off. I was dead asleep in the back and next thing I know the heat starts blowing; and it was blowing much stronger and louder than it ever had when I turned it on in the past. I'm taking it out in a couple of days and would like to remedy those 3 issues (stereo, usb charging and heat)

Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 AM
Mudding
Received 78 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by the007goose
I took it camping last week, I wasn't thrilled to find out that the stereo won't stay on unless the car is running, same w/ USB ports, I'm sure there's a way to change this and would love any input.

I also an issue w/ the heater / fan turning on in the middle of the night while the engine was off. I was dead asleep in the back and next thing I know the heat starts blowing; and it was blowing much stronger and louder than it ever had when I turned it on in the past. I'm taking it out in a couple of days and would like to remedy those 3 issues (stereo, usb charging and heat)
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, none of the radios, 12 volt or USB's on any vehicle I have owned will remain on after the vehicle goes through it's shut down period, about 10 minutes after you press the off button. The 110V outlet in my cargo area also will not function unless the engine is running. I suppose it's their way to save the battery, which in my opinion on the Defender, seems to really get run down fast unless you drive a lot. In fact, both of our 2021's needed to have the battery fully charged after coming from the dealer brand new with about a half charge. Easy solution with a CTEK charger/maintainer.

We had the fan come on in the night only once, and it ran for a short time and stopped when we opened the door. I think that could be a glitch with the In Control app as that will allow you to start and pre-cool or heat the vehicle remotely. Once we set up the app it never happened again. Maybe this was the solution?

Old 04-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, none of the radios, 12 volt or USB's on any vehicle I have owned will remain on after the vehicle goes through it's shut down period, about 10 minutes after you press the off button.
I usually run the Alpine sound system in my Wrangler for hours on end at the beach. Sadly this reminds me I'll have to bring a portable/rechargeable sound system next trip as the wife wants to take the Defender (granted I bet the 8 hour drive is gonna be cush compared to the Wrangler so I don't blame her).

The following users liked this post:
Magnumforc (04-12-2021)