Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seat climate vents

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 06:36 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Rear seat climate vents

Hi all, I have a 110 without the climate control package, so it only has air vents for the 2nd row, no fan/temp controls. I don't have people in the back often, but we did the other day. When we tried to use the vents in the 2nd row for the first time we found that they don't seem work well at all. Had all three zones (windscreen/dash/feet) turned on, and fax speed on max, and just had a weak breeze coming out of them. The open/close dial on the vents didn't seem to really do anything, so I'm assuming something isn't hooked up right. Just wanted to make sure this isn't normal, and there isn't some hidden setting i'm missing? any ideas?

Old 11-22-2022, 09:19 PM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Your timing is crazy on this...I have the same setup you do, but my rears are blowing on MAX heat and I can't find a temperature adjustment anywhere in Pivi or otherwise.

I always assumed rear temp was synced with driver but am I missing something?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ElVerde
Your timing is crazy on this...I have the same setup you do, but my rears are blowing on MAX heat and I can't find a temperature adjustment anywhere in Pivi or otherwise.

I always assumed rear temp was synced with driver but am I missing something?
I have also noticed this and the dealer is looking at It. Unless I have it on Lo it will blow cold in the front and heat in the rear.

Another annoying thing about LR is the AC is trying to make the cabin temp what you have the air set to. So if you have the air on 70 and are a little cold and move it to 71 it blows full heat until cabin temp reaches 71. Very annoying because then I get hot with heat blowing on me and I just constantly go back and forth 🤣🤣

Old 11-23-2022, 02:53 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,499 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by inater
I have also noticed this and the dealer is looking at It. Unless I have it on Lo it will blow cold in the front and heat in the rear.

Another annoying thing about LR is the AC is trying to make the cabin temp what you have the air set to. So if you have the air on 70 and are a little cold and move it to 71 it blows full heat until cabin temp reaches 71. Very annoying because then I get hot with heat blowing on me and I just constantly go back and forth 🤣🤣
You may already have checked this but if not make sure the AC Auto control is set to quiet or balanced rather than max.

Perhaps the controls are set to max. Just an idea that could explain your issue.

The following users liked this post:
mdgs (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 04:35 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I had a moment after parking today and spent a few minutes trying to figure this out. It turns out that when you have the upper (windscreen) climate vents turned on, it appears to turn off the rear vent. Either intentionally or there just isn't enough air pressure in the system to push air out of all the open vents anymore... Thinking about it now I should have tried closing each front vent individually and seen if it was a pressure issue, or a "feature".

Anyway, for my car as soon as I disabled the upper windscreen vents, I got a normal strong breeze out of the rear vents. Very strange, but at least now I know.