Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wiper replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 11:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Rear wiper replacement?

The existing rear wiper blade seems to be hollow through which the wiper fluid is pumped. I haven't been able to find a replacement of this type. Hate the idea of going to the dealership to get the blade replaced. Anyone found the correct replacement?

Old 11-28-2022, 01:45 PM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts
Old 11-28-2022, 02:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Bosch is my go-to brand. However, the OE Specialty Rear wiper, is incorrectly listed as a fit. It is a solid blade, not a suitable replacement for the integrated washer system of the factory blade. Note the washer line to the blade and the attached rubber tube with the spray holes. Unless I'm missing something from the Bosch site, I didn't see a replacement.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:53 AM
Winching
Received 592 Likes on 306 Posts

Follow Up to this post. @POPTOPP is correct regarding the Bosch rear wiper replacement. I ordered Bosch A334H and it does NOT have the windshield spray capabilities as the OEM does. The Bosch front wipers (BOSCH Snow Driver 24SD Winter Wiper Blade - 24") fit perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
mdgs (12-06-2022)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,253 Likes on 672 Posts

I have a 2020 110 X w/ cold climate pack, and the factory original wiper blades, so it's 2 years old & time to change wiper blades. 2 questions:

1) Need to remove the spare tire to change the rear blade (like on my old Discovery 2's which I always found annoying)? I can't figure out how to get the wiper blade off, the service manual shows just pulling it towards the window away from the arm.

2) I'd remembered reading this thread about the wiper blade being "special" to incorporate the squirters, so was expecting that when I went to change. However, when I opened the dealer part box, just a normal rear wiper. Just as I was about to get hot and bothered, I looked at my car, and indeed I have a regular blade with no squirt function, ie standard style squirter separate entirely from the blade. So that's good. (ie I have no tube connected to end of wiper blade and little micro holes in the wiper blade to squirt the water out, like the photo above). I googled this and it's called the Valeo Aquablade, used on Volvos etc. Did Land Rover try this and then abandon it on the Defender ? Or is this something that was added to later Defenders? Doesn't really matter just curious really.

GrouseK9 (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 08:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

It's times like this I wish @The Insider was still around. Many times people would ping him as if he were the JLR Grief Box or HelpDesk. I just liked his insights into the "why's". Regardless, I think we'll never know.

ficklma1 (01-06-2023)
Old 07-27-2023, 03:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
I have a 2020 110 X w/ cold climate pack, and the factory original wiper blades, so it's 2 years old & time to change wiper blades. 2 questions:

1) Need to remove the spare tire to change the rear blade (like on my old Discovery 2's which I always found annoying)? I can't figure out how to get the wiper blade off, the service manual shows just pulling it towards the window away from the arm.

2) I'd remembered reading this thread about the wiper blade being "special" to incorporate the squirters, so was expecting that when I went to change. However, when I opened the dealer part box, just a normal rear wiper. Just as I was about to get hot and bothered, I looked at my car, and indeed I have a regular blade with no squirt function, ie standard style squirter separate entirely from the blade. So that's good. (ie I have no tube connected to end of wiper blade and little micro holes in the wiper blade to squirt the water out, like the photo above). I googled this and it's called the Valeo Aquablade, used on Volvos etc. Did Land Rover try this and then abandon it on the Defender ? Or is this something that was added to later Defenders? Doesn't really matter just curious really.
Hi, did you ever figure out how to remove the rear blade? I am in the same boat, and cannot find anything on it! Taking the rear tire off seems silly for replacing the wiper blade.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

Since we're talking about wiper blades, my rear does what I expected and puts fluid all across the rear window when I use it.

The front pair seems to only spit at the farthest extent, and no fluid anywhere else.

Is that adjustable? Don't see it if it is (or is that normal?)...

Old 07-30-2023, 12:23 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have an issue with my front wipers too. I had a bug hit my windshield on the driver's side, so I pressed the button for wiper fluid and it only squirted out a little, from each blade and never got and fluid on an entire section of windshield, directly in front of my face. Is there a known issue with this setup? This definitely won't be fun in the winter with salt all over the windshield.

Old 07-30-2023, 06:31 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

Quick Reply: Rear wiper replacement?