Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote App now available for Apple Watch

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 02:03 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Remote App now available for Apple Watch

You can unlock/lock which is nice for leaving keys in the car when going places like on a run or to the beach -

would be great to still have CLIMATE start though

Old 05-22-2023, 02:26 PM
Mudding
Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

The Apple Watch App has been working well for me today, however it is showing the fuel range in km not miles (even though I set the app to US gallons and miles).

In the How-To Guides in the iPhone app states they will add Climate controls soon.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 03:58 PM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, confused. This just came out or am I seeing an old post?I have the remote app on on phone, but can't find it in the watch app.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

the iphone land rover remote app was just updated to include an apple watch companion app.

i have my apple watch setup to not auto-download available companion apple watch apps.

so, once the remote app had been updated on my iphone, i went to watch app on my iphone, scrolled down till i saw the land rover remote app, and selected install.

my watch then installed the app.

has worked good so far for me and is a nice addition to have!

hope that helps!!

Old 05-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ahh ok, was missing the update part. Got it working now.

Thanks for details.

The following users liked this post:
smithbp (05-22-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 09:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 383 Likes on 195 Posts

Well thank you for pointing this out. I got it working on both the Defender and the wife's Evoque. While I do have the Activity Key, this is a nice backup, nice in the fact I don't have to wear two watches. It makes me look a bit too tech obsessed. Albeit, I found out by accident the other day that when I double tap the unlock on the Activity Key it also opens the windows and sunroof, nice for the summer here. It would be an unmitigated disaster in the winter, freeze the interior and dump all the roof snow in the car..

Old 05-23-2023, 08:36 AM
Mudding
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I let the "remote" app update and then installed on watch. Watch app keeps saying for me to open iPhone app to authenticate. I have opened the iPhone app and it is working fine on the phone but the watch app does not seem to want to recognize that I have accessed the app on the phone. Is there a setting in the iPhone app to activate? Thanks

Old 05-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by johnsonmc2000
I let the "remote" app update and then installed on watch. Watch app keeps saying for me to open iPhone app to authenticate. I have opened the iPhone app and it is working fine on the phone but the watch app does not seem to want to recognize that I have accessed the app on the phone. Is there a setting in the iPhone app to activate? Thanks
when my watch 'remote' app told me to open the iphone 'remote' app to authenticate, it found it immediately and the iphone 'remote' app asked me to enter my pin. once the pin was entered on the iphone 'remote' app, the watch 'remote' app went active almost immediately.

i would try force quitting the iphone 'remote' app, uninstalling the 'remote' app from the watch, and then rebooting both watch and iphone. then reinstall watch 'remote' app and try again.

hope that helps! keep us posted!

Old 05-23-2023, 09:33 AM
Mudding
Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

My watch app shows fuel in km not miles, I have changed the setting to US gallons, Miles...in the iphone app and it still shows km. I deleted the app on both devices, reinstalled a few times and it still shows km. Hopefully they will fix that bug.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:49 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by GCSchmidt
My watch app shows fuel in km not miles, I have changed the setting to US gallons, Miles...in the iphone app and it still shows km. I deleted the app on both devices, reinstalled a few times and it still shows km. Hopefully they will fix that bug.
so strange! just went to check my watch on the range to see what mine said. it showed km too!

i left the watch 'remote' app open and picked up my phone and went to the 'remote' app there to dig around and see if i had missed a setting. went back to the still open watch app, while the 'remote' app was still open on my phone... and it now shows miles!!

really strange. has to be a bug... but maybe that sequence i described caused them to sync up.

Quick Reply: Remote App now available for Apple Watch