Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Climate Control is severely lacking

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 08:55 AM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote Climate Control is severely lacking

I don’t understand how $100,000 car doesn’t give you the option to control seat heaters, steering wheel heaters or even turn on the actual heat within the vehicle. Every time I use the climate control the car, it is not warm when I get in it even though it says that the climate is on high heat in the app

2021 Defender X

Last edited by Ledeutsch; 03-10-2022 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Adding vehicle info to thread
The following 2 users liked this post by Ledeutsch:
Chief65 (03-10-2022), JMF20 (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 09:39 AM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

100% agreed. I just wish it had simple key fob activated remote start with auto cool or heat functions like all our jeeps have had. i don't even bother using it anymore as the app usually has logged me out, or fails with a generic error, or even if it starts i really did nothing but wasted fuel because the air coming out is still freezing (vehicle is always parked in my garage).

Old 03-10-2022, 10:09 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I've only used it a few times, but I've always had good luck with it. Both in cold and hot conditions, it has worked well.

The app is definitely a bit slow - takes probably 30 seconds to get it to load and connect with the car, but it has consistently worked. I don't recall there being specific control for the heated steering wheel (mine doesn't have heated seats), but it does turn on the heated windshield in cold temps.

Old 03-10-2022, 01:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Ledeutsch
I don’t understand how $100,000 car doesn’t give you the option to control seat heaters, steering wheel heaters or even turn on the actual heat within the vehicle. Every time I use the climate control the car, it is not warm when I get in it even though it says that the climate is on high heat in the app

2021 Defender X
Yup, preaching to the choir here. They have work to do on this remote app. I suspect most people who are satisfied with the current functionality are either in warmer climates or at least are in a garage where the temperature would be significantly warmer anyway. If you're parked outside in the harsh winter like mine is it's woefully inadequate tbh and it's a shame because the seat heaters and other bits work great when you have them turned on it's just a matter of adding them to the app. I get it, not all builds have the cold climate pack so they'd have to add some logic to the app, if then else clauses are not rocket science coding and this is almost surely all computer controlled anyway so I don't think exposing the functions to the app would be problematic.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:21 PM
4th Gear

The other thing that I can’t stand is the fact that the fob has to be about foot away from the door for the button on the door **** to unlock. So if I have my fob in my pocket I have to lift my leg up closer to the door **** in order for the door to unlock. My Jeep Cherokee had a much better range for the fob as well as the auto start was far superior with regards to the climate control.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Mudding

Have you had the fob module tech bulletin done? That completely fixed my fob issue. Like you I had to basically hold my fob to the door to get it to work. They did the relocation process and it's worked 100% of the time for months now.

tech bulletin JLRTB02076NAS1

Old 03-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

@rutiger - Can you describe what "works" means? I know that's a dumb question, but so am I! I have completely given up on the fob. Or the remote aspect of it. I just hit the buttons and party like it's 1999 (er, 2009). Do you mean that you walk up and open; close and walk away? Do you have to press the little rectangle on the handle? Can you describe what it now does that you like? Act like you are explaining to my/your mom....

Old 03-10-2022, 03:15 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@rutiger - Can you describe what "works" means? I know that's a dumb question, but so am I! I have completely given up on the fob. Or the remote aspect of it. I just hit the buttons and party like it's 1999 (er, 2009). Do you mean that you walk up and open; close and walk away? Do you have to press the little rectangle on the handle? Can you describe what it now does that you like? Act like you are explaining to my/your mom....
LOL! I’m referring to the button on the door handle, It will not lock/unlock unless the fob is virtually touching touching the handle, which is a royal pain in the *** if you have your hands full.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 04:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

Got it!! I gave up on that just because of the wonky way I would have to enter a left hand drive: Open door with my right hand and do a ball room dance move as I spin around clockwise to get in. Or open with my right hand, step aside and piroutte. It's brilliant for right handed, right side drivers. For right handed, left side drivers (none of who work in a British design shop) its wonky.

Ok, now that I understand. I'll take my 1st world problem and go get a latte... Glad it's fixed for you. I'll keep going old school, like the curmudgeon I am! Note - I was secretly hoping that the proximity would do it and I could open my left hand drive door with my left hand.

Old 03-10-2022, 05:26 PM
Mudding

works meaning i've never had to once take it out of my pants pocket to get the door to open by pressing the button on the handle since having the tech bulletin done. the way it should work.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (03-10-2022)