2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right Speaker only working

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 12:57 AM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately in my case the problem persists when I restore PIVI Pro. Very weird. Maybe I should ask my local dealer to uninstall/reinstall the software again! I really don't know what to do...

Old 02-09-2023, 05:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That was my thought as well as to my next move: Get the dealer to do a reinstall. Have you installed the latest update? I parked the Defender near my house and connected it to the wifi and left it overnight. It said successful install. But if you are still having glitches I’d suspect the status of the software.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (02-09-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Mudding
Received 245 Likes on 92 Posts

Reset Pivi-Pro

ficklma1 (02-10-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 05:12 AM
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Having the same problem since the last software upgrade

I have random speaker outages occasionally. Sometimes it’s the right sometimes it’s the left. Then when I start the car again they are all working. Probably happens 20% of the time. Driving me insane. The last speaker that one out is the speaker that plays phone calls and I couldn’t hear anything. Hope this gets resolved reset does not fix it.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m having this same issue. 2023.5 130, it has happened around 10 times since new in October 2022.

took it to the main dealer and they claimed to have solved it by updating the software (why wasn’t that automatic?!) but it happened again today. I filmed it for proof and it’ll have to go back in until it’s fixed.

it’s so intermittent it’s impossible to prove they’ve fixed it at the time, but it’s infuriating to not hear warning noises or reverse beeps when you really want them!

Michael130 (02-25-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:01 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mlw911
I have had this a few times as well. Not only do speakers stop working the fade/balance controls invert and the sub control disappears. I get all 3 every time. Resetting Pivi and locking doors works every time. Fortunately only has happed 2-3 times in 7 months.
I have had this same issue at least 6-8 times. Sometimes, it is worse than others. I ended up calling the dealership just for fun after it was really bad and did not go back to normal after a Pivi reset recently. They acted like they never had heard of this happening. Fast forward a few weeks. I called them again to schedule my 2nd key installation which god only knows how far out that is going to be since they order it in. The service guy had mentioned this time he had heard of this in a Range Rover. I do know that these issues are hard to replicate and if you do not have it documented by video or drive to the service center when it is acting up they will just say no problem found. I suspect the factory amp is defective.

Has anyone had any interactions with Land Rover Service regarding this issue? Thanks.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael130
I have random speaker outages occasionally. Sometimes it’s the right sometimes it’s the left. Then when I start the car again they are all working. Probably happens 20% of the time. Driving me insane. The last speaker that one out is the speaker that plays phone calls and I couldn’t hear anything. Hope this gets resolved reset does not fix it.
^Exactly. Plus the station change thumb button sometimes doesn't work and you need to tap a screen arrow to change the station. Then the button works again. All part of the "British Charm" of owning a Land Rover. I'm used to these quirks and accept them in exchange for amazing capability. (Like safely driving through a snowstorm yesterday while other vehicles were off the road in ditches)

The following 2 users liked this post by PaulLR:
ficklma1 (02-27-2023), The Fulcrum (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 06:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had to get a new Amp plus a number of firmware updates to various sub-systems in the car and in the last month it's been working perfectly. the L/R Dealership in my area has experienced this with a number of cars, so they're pretty quick to accepting it as a warranty repair and working on it. Same problems, intermittent speaker outages, PIVI resets and whatnot, would reoccur almost every other day...now fixed!

The Fulcrum (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 06:21 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by makristal
I've had to get a new Amp plus a number of firmware updates to various sub-systems in the car and in the last month it's been working perfectly. the L/R Dealership in my area has experienced this with a number of cars, so they're pretty quick to accepting it as a warranty repair and working on it. Same problems, intermittent speaker outages, PIVI resets and whatnot, would reoccur almost every other day...now fixed!

This is good to know and what I suspected a fix may entail once they could “replicate” the problem. Thanks!

Amanda322 (10-25-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 04:49 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone found a permanent fix for this speaker issue?

I’m hoping that someone has found a permanent fix for this speaker sound issue. My 23 disco has 1500 miles on it and has already had multiple issues. Turbo fan is obnoxious as hell-they said it was because it was hot out and it would get better—nope…Privi screen went green so I couldn’t control anything…chargers in the center console weren't working, the air conditioner completely went out, and now the speaker thing. Should I sell it-take a huge hit and get a better engineered vehicle or will all of this nonsense stop? Thanks

Quick Reply: Right Speaker only working