Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Rack Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 07:17 PM
Mudding
Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Roof Rack Options

After doing some searching for info on roof rack options I thought I would start a thread specific to listing what is out there. The market is slowly growing so let’s give this a try. If this is already done I apologize and please link where. I am sure most are aware of the LR expedition, front runner, and voyager. What else is out there and available now? Maybe also list use reports if you have one?

Old 10-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Just off the top of my head.
LR OEM
Frontrunner
Frontrunner Slimline
Voyager
Expedition One
Sarek
Badass Tents
Plumb

The following users liked this post:
inater (10-09-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by GavinC
Just off the top of my head.
LR OEM
Frontrunner
Frontrunner Slimline
Voyager
Expedition One
Sarek
Badass Tents
Plumb
Great list. That added two I was not familiar with. Badass Tents and Plumb. Sarek I saw earlier but can’t find on their site? As for expedition one I forgot about that one.

I also forgot to list Rhino Rack.

Last edited by ORDPA; 10-08-2023 at 09:19 PM.
Jbiggzs (10-09-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 10:00 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Considering this one from newdefendermods.com. Attracted to its minimalist design, light weight and flexibility of use. Obviously won’t work for everybody due to its limitations but putting it out there.

Old 10-08-2023, 10:15 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Considering this one from newdefendermods.com. Attracted to its minimalist design, light weight and flexibility of use. Obviously won’t work for everybody due to its limitations but putting it out there.

That looks similar to the bad *** tents one. Wondering if it is the same? I can see where that would have its purpose depending on one’s intended use. I also saw this one at New Defender Mods when I went and looked at what you posted. The Trailmax platform rack.

WTFChuck (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 10:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

@ORDPA What is your intended use? If you're planning on mounting a lot of stuff and want minimal wind noise I would go with FR. I carry a lot of different things and FR just makes it so easy to strap everything down with all their different built-in systems.

GavinC (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 11:43 AM
Mudding

My first purpose for the topic was to hopefully put all the roof rack info in one location. It is spread all over and trying to really see what is out there is difficult. As for my personal use I will mount a RTT occasionally and am planning on some ROAM cases for other times. Also want a good platform form mounting some front lights and maybe side and back lighting. And finally something that looks good and matches the lines of the defender.

Old 10-09-2023, 02:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 418 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ORDPA
My first purpose for the topic was to hopefully put all the roof rack info in one location. It is spread all over and trying to really see what is out there is difficult. As for my personal use I will mount a RTT occasionally and am planning on some ROAM cases for other times. Also want a good platform form mounting some front lights and maybe side and back lighting. And finally something that looks good and matches the lines of the defender.
Ya I would say for what you're wanting I would go with Front Runner. Their wind fairing is great and helps cut down on wind noise when mounting lights etc. I have lights mounted from and rear to my rack and it looks great and integrates well. The roam boxes, RTT, awnings etc all mount up really easily to the FR racks as well. I have had mine on my car for two years without any issues and I think it looks great and provides the best function with no custom "hacking" which some other racks will require.

If you decide to go FR and have any other questions lmk.... I have either bought or seen every accessory worth throwing

For a different look- The shop that installs my stuff has a V8 with FR, lights, awning, RTT etc as well
on there.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Mudding

Nice looking set ups on both.

Old 01-09-2024, 11:35 PM
Mudding

Decision made. Ordered Prospeed Aero Expedition with a few accessories to go with it. Hoping it does not take too long to arrive. Will share thoughts and pictures once it arrives.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack Options