Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Rack Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 09:04 AM
Mudding
Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

TANK01

You do have to modify for the front mounting points. You have to drill two holes in each side in the ditch finisher and remove the factory bolts. A spacer is placed there and new colts fix the front to the roof and spacers. Sort of hard to see but here is a couple pics.

As for the opening of the sunroof. For me the answer is no as I have the fabric roof which folds up and out to open. I knew that going into it and did not care. Honestly if I ordered my defender I would do a solid roof. Don’t care for sunroofs and never use them when I have had them. I believe the glass ones would work fine as they are much lower when open. I would email them and ask as their customer service has been great and I am sure Prospeed would be more than happy to give you a straight answer.

info@prospeed.co.uk

Scott

The following users liked this post:
TANK01 (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 06:20 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ORDPA
TANK01

You do have to modify for the front mounting points. You have to drill two holes in each side in the ditch finisher and remove the factory bolts. A spacer is placed there and new colts fix the front to the roof and spacers. Sort of hard to see but here is a couple pics.

As for the opening of the sunroof. For me the answer is no as I have the fabric roof which folds up and out to open. I knew that going into it and did not care. Honestly if I ordered my defender I would do a solid roof. Don’t care for sunroofs and never use them when I have had them. I believe the glass ones would work fine as they are much lower when open. I would email them and ask as their customer service has been great and I am sure Prospeed would be more than happy to give you a straight answer.

info@prospeed.co.uk

Scott
Thanks. 🙏

Old 03-02-2024, 10:10 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

looks great. Two quick q’s. Online they only show general directions, did you get Defender specific instructions?

and does the top of the rack clear the shark fin? Like if you were to place an object at the very back of the rack, would it hit the top of the shark fin or clear over it?

Originally Posted by ORDPA
All the parts finally arrived so I was able to complete the install. Very pleased with the end result. The aero front definitely makes a difference in total noise. Added some ROAM 83 liter cases as well.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:08 PM
Mudding
Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris.Gio
looks great. Two quick q’s. Online they only show general directions, did you get Defender specific instructions?

and does the top of the rack clear the shark fin? Like if you were to place an object at the very back of the rack, would it hit the top of the shark fin or clear over it?
Prospeed provided instructions for the defender. They were pretty basic but did the job. I am sure it is a work in progress. As for the shark fin there is a very small amount of clearance measuring from the very back of the rear loops. Be aware however they do not recommend loading anything on the rear loops though I am sure a hard case that is supported by a crossbar and the loops would be fine. If an item extends behind the loops you would have to have some spacers to lift it up a bit as it will hit the fin. Hope that makes sense. Here is a picture of an 8 foot level placed across right at the back of the loops. You can see the very small amount of clearance.

Old 03-02-2024, 11:24 PM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you, interesting. I have a 90 and suspect a large rooftop tent may need to hang off back a little bit that’s super close to the fin.

Old 05-11-2024, 12:16 PM
Mudding
Received 99 Likes on 43 Posts

I didn't see any discussion of this one in this thread (didn't search the whole forum). Anyone have any experience with it? Thoughts? https://newdefendermods.com/collecti...cout-roof-rack