Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second Check Engine Light in 12 Months

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 11:15 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kpd122
Selling is tempting, especially with the values right now. I think I need to get it off road some more and have fun with it. Regardless of the issues, I need to downsize the fleet, so it's probably either this or my 911 that has to go. My biggest issue is that I'd be left driving my Disco every day, and I don't think there's a world where that would be any more reliable
Man, that’s for sure! This is my one and only car so I kind of need it to be in good working order. I find myself looking at the Genesis GV80 and then I’ll likely get a fun weekend car in a few years.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

Selling is tempting, especially with the values right now. I think I need to get it off road some more and have fun with it. Regardless of the issues, I need to downsize the fleet, so it's probably either this or my 911 that has to go. My biggest issue is that I'd be left driving my Disco every day, and I don't think there's a world where that would be any more reliable
I love my Defender and it's probably the best car I have ever owned but..... "there is no substitute"

Old 09-13-2022, 12:48 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My 22 P300, owned for a year with 10K miles had a CEL come on (on a very hot day in Phoenix 110+ degrees). The Defender ran rough, sluggish, wouldn't accelerate, but didn't go into limp-mode. I was able to drive it home and after sitting for about an hour, when starting it up again the CEL went out. I drove it a few weeks (waiting to get it into the dealer) and it seem somewhat normal, but the idle seemed to fluctuate, especially during very hot days, dropping to around 500rpms. The dealer ran their diagnostics and they said it was a faulty High Pressure Fuel Pump Module. They replaced it and the engine does seem to be running better. The idle still seems a bit low, but it could be me paying more attention to it. I hope this fixes my issue. Sure hope our dealer gets to the bottom of your problem!

Old 09-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DGINAZ
My 22 P300, owned for a year with 10K miles had a CEL come on (on a very hot day in Phoenix 110+ degrees). The Defender ran rough, sluggish, wouldn't accelerate, but didn't go into limp-mode. I was able to drive it home and after sitting for about an hour, when starting it up again the CEL went out. I drove it a few weeks (waiting to get it into the dealer) and it seem somewhat normal, but the idle seemed to fluctuate, especially during very hot days, dropping to around 500rpms. The dealer ran their diagnostics and they said it was a faulty High Pressure Fuel Pump Module. They replaced it and the engine does seem to be running better. The idle still seems a bit low, but it could be me paying more attention to it. I hope this fixes my issue. Sure hope our dealer gets to the bottom of your problem!
LR North Scottsdale? Maybe yours was the other truck my SA told me about with the same issue. Same exact thing though - It was sitting in the driveway on one of the hottest days when it happened. It still doesn't idle great when it's hot out and the engine is "cold". That seems to be when it's the worst at least. Last weekend it absolutely wouldn't accelerate from a stop turning out of the neighborhood. still running, but zero power. I think I'm starting to regret not getting the P400.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:57 PM
Drifting
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

LR North Scottsdale? Maybe yours was the other truck my SA told me about with the same issue. Same exact thing though - It was sitting in the driveway on one of the hottest days when it happened. It still doesn't idle great when it's hot out and the engine is "cold". That seems to be when it's the worst at least. Last weekend it absolutely wouldn't accelerate from a stop turning out of the neighborhood. still running, but zero power. I think I'm starting to regret not getting the P400.
Actually I purchased my Defender from Land Rover Arrowhead - the folks at North Scottsdale would take an order for a 110S model. Once the fuel pump module was replaced, I have not had any more performance issues, except for some low idling, but that again may be me being overly cautious watch it. One interesting note - I spoke with another forum member that had their fuel pump module replaces and it failed again, acting just as you have described. I believe he said the dealer didn't properly program the module so when they replaced the it again with a second module the dealer noted it was reprogrammed and it's working properly now. When I had mine replaced I asked about this "reprogramming" and they said yes it was - so I hope this is the end of this adventure! If you are having performance / acceleration issues, you really should take it back to the dealer. Who's to say your replacement module isn't bad?! Good luck!