Seeking information/opinions on a build - 2024 Defender 90 S

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 01:24 PM
ba_
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Seeking information/opinions on a build - 2024 Defender 90 S

Hello,

I am looking for some information/opinions for a build I am putting together for a 2024 Defender 90 S.

1) Headlining color

I want to do Pangea Green, White contrast roof, Ebony grained leather, and White steelies. For the headlining, would you do the light oyster or the ebony? The light oyster does lighten up the cabin a bit, and does "match" what is going on with the exterior and the white contrast roof. The ebony would match the rest of the interior.www

2) Standard hood vs Black Exterior Pack

Does anyone have a picture of what the standard hood looks like where the Narvik Black Hood Checkerplate would go? I understand the rest of the Black Exterior Pack options from seeing them in the configurator

3) Full-powered seats

Is it possible to get full-powered seats in an S or can you only get semi-powered seats?

Thanks!
ba

Old 01-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

As a 90s owner who had to live with a loaner for a couple of weeks recently I have a good comparison for you.
1) I have the light oyster and enjoy the effect it has on lighting up the interior a bit. The loaner had the ebony and it was a bit cave like in my opinion, but I can certainly see where the pure black interior would appeal to some.
3) I have the semi powered seats and they are fine to me from an adjustability standpoint. Waiting on the power seat in the loaner to move forward and back when getting my son in the back was painful. Can’t imagine standing in the rain waiting on that vs a quick lift of the bar under the front of the seat to give him quick access and then a quick lift and I’m back in the seat ready to do.

The following users liked this post:
ba_ (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 03:12 PM
ba_
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by roverzfan
As a 90s owner who had to live with a loaner for a couple of weeks recently I have a good comparison for you.
1) I have the light oyster and enjoy the effect it has on lighting up the interior a bit. The loaner had the ebony and it was a bit cave like in my opinion, but I can certainly see where the pure black interior would appeal to some.
3) I have the semi powered seats and they are fine to me from an adjustability standpoint. Waiting on the power seat in the loaner to move forward and back when getting my son in the back was painful. Can’t imagine standing in the rain waiting on that vs a quick lift of the bar under the front of the seat to give him quick access and then a quick lift and I’m back in the seat ready to do.
Appreciate the reply.

I agree on the headlining. In the configurator it looks really nice and airy.

I like the idea of the semi powered. I played around with a V8 and an X-Dynamic and the wait for the seats to move forward and back was a little annoying. I’d be perfectly happy with either. I was more curious if the full-powered is even possible on the S - I’m guessing not.

Old 01-07-2024, 04:22 PM
ba_
Three Wheeling

I just noticed in the configurator in S trim
  • you can get powered heated/cooled seats with the resist seats
  • you cannot get powered seats with the leather seats
  • you cannot get resist seats with the cold weather package

What is it about the cold weather package which is heated windshield and other outside features that doesn’t allow you to get resist?

What is it about the leather sets that doesn’t allow you to get powered seats?

Very odd

Old 01-07-2024, 04:49 PM
Winching
Received 450 Likes on 213 Posts

Black Pack is IMO just a money maker for JLR, for that $ 650,- you can do a lot with a 2k high gloss black rattle can and
some 3M automotive tape.
Pangea / White Roof screams for Khaki Leather, lights up the interior, good for resale value.
Headliner, I prefer black, doesn't get smudgy as ivory, thus will stay longer attractive. ( Nice with Khaki also )
Seats are fine in the S, Lumber inflation is the most important.

Oh, and get the e-diff. Hard to retrofit.
Good luck with your build !

The following 2 users liked this post by Defendit..:
ba_ (01-07-2024), jusmax88 (01-11-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 04:52 PM
ba_
Three Wheeling

Yup got the e-diff on there

I'll take a look at the khaki leather

Old 01-07-2024, 05:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

The best seats with most electric adjustments are only available with the extended leather package and I am 99% sure that requires Vintage Tan, like in my MY23.5 D90S.

Last edited by Ratledge; 01-08-2024 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:56 PM
Mudding
Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

I spent so much time going back and forth over the headliner. I too have a pangea 90 with steel wheels. I went with black and I think it looks best, with the sunroof you will get plenty of light.

Edit: with pangea and white steelies khaki leather is almost a requirement, it looks too good.

Last edited by jusmax88; 01-11-2024 at 05:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ba_ (01-11-2024)