Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sleeping in new defender

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 03:25 PM
Winching
Received 653 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
They fold flat on a 5 seater. On a 7 seater, they don't fold quite flat as the cushion does not pivot forwards.
Gotcha. My first visit to the dealership when these came out, and the salesman folded the seat backs forward without flipping up the seat bottoms, and I was like ‘really’, this is not going to work for me. I had to show him how it worked. Among a few other features. By the time I took delivery, I had downloaded the owners manual and read it from cover to cover. I believe I knew far more about the operation and features than most of the salesman. And when I mentioned reading up on everything prior to delivery, he gave a weird comment about ‘some of these Defender guys are extreme’, and he doesn’t go to that level. Well, every time I stopped in while waiting for delivery, he was sitting at his desk shooting the breeze. As a salesperson, I would read up on every vehicle on the lot so as to be knowledgeable when a customer came in with a question. Just me I guess.

The following 3 users liked this post by WTFChuck:
Dfnder (11-04-2022), Elektrapops (10-31-2022), jusmax88 (07-24-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 04:58 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while we were traveling with the caravan our daughter want to sleep in the Defender instead of the caravan. So we tried it during the day what will happen if she stays insight the car and I look it. Can she open the rear door to exit the car? - that was the main question we have had.
So she sits in the car, I locked it with the fob from outside (maybe that was the error) and when she opened the rear door from insight, the alarm started. As I didn't want to get the alarm starting in the night, we canceled the idea for her to sleep in the car.
My question is now, how to prevent that the alarm get's triggered? Didn't found an option in iGuide to turn the alarm off. While I'm reading this thread and thinking about it again, is it just preventing to get the alarm triggered by keeping the fob insight the car?

Like the idea of the extra space at the top with this solution. Will keep that in mind as it gives also a bit of storage underneath the bed

Old 07-26-2022, 11:17 AM
Mudding
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wawibu
while we were traveling with the caravan our daughter want to sleep in the Defender instead of the caravan. So we tried it during the day what will happen if she stays insight the car and I look it. Can she open the rear door to exit the car? - that was the main question we have had.
So she sits in the car, I locked it with the fob from outside (maybe that was the error) and when she opened the rear door from insight, the alarm started. As I didn't want to get the alarm starting in the night, we canceled the idea for her to sleep in the car.
My question is now, how to prevent that the alarm get's triggered? Didn't found an option in iGuide to turn the alarm off. While I'm reading this thread and thinking about it again, is it just preventing to get the alarm triggered by keeping the fob insight the car?

Like the idea of the extra space at the top with this solution. Will keep that in mind as it gives also a bit of storage underneath the bed
There is no way to open the rear cargo door from the inside without the fob. However, Powerful UK is now offering a switch kit that should work.

Discussed here: https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...elease-112617/

Old 07-26-2022, 12:21 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drednot
There is no way to open the rear cargo door from the inside without the fob. However, Powerful UK is now offering a switch kit that should work.

Discussed here: https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...elease-112617/
don't mean the trunk door - mean the rear seat door at a 110.

the solution from PowerfulUK for the trunk door is already ordered

Old 07-26-2022, 12:30 PM
Mudding
Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by new to landrover
Very nice!

I have been following this guy in South Korea has many youtube videos of camping inside his defender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRrMWZY9Tc&t=19s
That guy has a lot of videos online. Never says a single word, but he sure has a lot of really cool toys!! Lol

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 05:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by new to landrover
Very nice!

I have been following this guy in South Korea has many youtube videos of camping inside his defender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRrMWZY9Tc&t=19s
I wonder how he is getting enough electrical power to drive his little electric skillet and other things he plugs into the power strip he added to his rear door?

Old 07-27-2022, 10:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Gotcha. My first visit to the dealership when these came out, and the salesman folded the seat backs forward without flipping up the seat bottoms, and I was like ‘really’, this is not going to work for me. I had to show him how it worked. Among a few other features. By the time I took delivery, I had downloaded the owners manual and read it from cover to cover. I believe I knew far more about the operation and features than most of the salesman. And when I mentioned reading up on everything prior to delivery, he gave a weird comment about ‘some of these Defender guys are extreme’, and he doesn’t go to that level. Well, every time I stopped in while waiting for delivery, he was sitting at his desk shooting the breeze. As a salesperson, I would read up on every vehicle on the lot so as to be knowledgeable when a customer came in with a question. Just me I guess.
Where were you able to find a downloadable pdf of the owner's manual? I've been failing to find one anywhere...

Last edited by RH5555; 11-01-2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

@Defender90NY - I'm pretty sure he has gone the route of many others. I can't remember if I've seen his videos on the setup or if he cloned it, but many folks put a second battery (some are called battery generators?) under the boot with all the appropriate controllers, wires, etc. It's an effort, but very doable.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
@Defender90NY - I'm pretty sure he has gone the route of many others. I can't remember if I've seen his videos on the setup or if he cloned it, but many folks put a second battery (some are called battery generators?) under the boot with all the appropriate controllers, wires, etc. It's an effort, but very doable.

He did used to have a video on the Fish13 chanel showing him install his electrics, he fitted a dc charger and a leisure battery under the floor with an extension cord going through the rubber gaiter on the rear door and through to the emergency triangle holder. I've had a quick look for it but he has made some of his videos available to paying members only.

Old 08-03-2022, 05:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GrouseK9
I ran across the idea of taping into the mild hybrid DC battery system, to get high amperage 12v. Seems clever but not sure of the impact on the hybrid system.

Quick Reply: Sleeping in new defender