2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software update today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 12:38 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

I just left the dealer, and they said it is being slowly released by VIN. Mine (MY23 D90 P400) is till blank, and I've had it over a year now.

Old 06-30-2023, 09:37 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveCNB
I didn't notice any manjor changes to the 3D surround camera views but the added Orange and Red distance warning markers for the reverse camera are handy.

Can't recall if the yellow trajectory lines ran ahead of the car in the overhead camera/obstacle view before this update.

I put a piece of black tape (you can see it just behind the car in the image above) on the ground and backed up until the new Red warning indicator lined up with it.

The farther Orange warning line shows the minimum distance where the rear door can still swing open unobstructed.

Here the new Red warning line lined up in the picture above looks like this from the side:

If you drop straight down from the rear spare tire, you'll have just over 4" to the Red warning line (that was lined up to that black tape on the ground) clearance wise.

Hope that makes sense.
From the red warning line, how far from the rear object before hitting?

Old 07-02-2023, 02:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

From the red warning line, how far from the rear object before hitting?
Originally Posted by is21447
So if you're backing up to a wall and stop with the near margin of the red warning zone at the base of the wall where it meets the ground, you should have at least 4" from the spare tire to the wall. I think this is what you're asking yes?

The added info and visual feedback w/ the rear collision distance markers is a really nice addition.

But someone cross check me on that to make sure that there aren't variances depending on individual car's camera calibrations. I'm guessing there are small variances which is why LR built in a 4" safety margin.

Last edited by DaveCNB; 07-02-2023 at 02:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveCNB:
dshark1 (07-02-2023), WAFOX (07-02-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 09:07 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveCNB
So if you're backing up to a wall and stop with the near margin of the red warning zone at the base of the wall where it meets the ground, you should have at least 4" from the spare tire to the wall. I think this is what you're asking yes?

The added info and visual feedback w/ the rear collision distance markers is a really nice addition.

But someone cross check me on that to make sure that there aren't variances depending on individual car's camera calibrations. I'm guessing there are small variances which is why LR built in a 4" safety margin.

Thx for the excellent info!

Old 07-04-2023, 06:41 AM
Mudding

Anyone else stuck with a blank software version for almost a year now?

Old 07-04-2023, 07:42 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Me, since February, 2003. Usually takes about 7-weeks after others get the first round of downloads. Not sure why so long now but do know my AT&T subscription has expired.

Cheers

Old 07-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Mudding

Mine is parked in a garage every night online with my wireless network, so it has always been available to get an update - just worried there is some sort of glitch with my unit/software, or VIN at the distribution point. I have no way of ever knowing as my dealer just says it takes time - meanwhile the 2 Defenders they have on the floor, have the new update.

Old 07-04-2023, 01:32 PM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Trauma
Anyone else stuck with a blank software version for almost a year now?
That's not normal. It means you haven't had an update since the thing left the factory. Sometimes you have to do this rain dance of turning things off and on and connecting to wifi to get it to work but you should have received several updates by now.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 401 Likes on 202 Posts

Mine finally updated. I was interested in the red spare tire line. Turns out, it only comes up in reverse, not if you select one of the many camera views. For me, It would replace the tennis ball when I pul into the garage. Which, if it is raining, the windshield wipers do an overhand lob with the ball. Sadly, it only shows in reverse. There is a darkened portion of the video that kind of seems to represent the spare tire, it has always been there, but I am not so convinced it has any accuracy and you kind of need to stare to make it out. Other than that I am eagerly awaiting the 4.0 update on the Pivi. Love to have Apple Maps on the gauge cluster and the HUD.

Funny thing about google maps, while I was in Cape Town last month. Stupid Google maps kept wanting to route us through the port. It is a security controlled facility and a total pain to correct the mistaken entry. It didn't matter which direction, or how we approached Cape Town on either motorway, it wanted us to go through the port. Totally weird.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 417 Likes on 171 Posts

Is the fact that the front camera now comes on when you go from reverse to drive new with this update? I am pretty sure that this was not happening before it....

Quick Reply: Software update today.