Sponsored by:

Some experience from Vulkan UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 08:49 AM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Some experience from Vulkan UK

Hello guys,

Just been to Vulkan last week and I thought I'd share some of my personal experience in case someone is also looking to get something done there.

I have bought many products from them before for my two defenders. However, recently I noticed that they have removed all the stocks on their website and all of the retrofit options and activations were also removed as well. Contacted them but couldn't get through by phone. It looks like they are moving as stated on their website.

Until recently, I noticed that there is a new website called House of Vulkan and they are at the same address as the Vulkan Automotive in Thetford, UK.

As I live not far from Thetford, I thought I'd go there and check it out myself with my new 110 collected last month.

It turns out they are the still the same old Vulkan and they still have the stock there!

After talking to the guys there, I know exactly what happened.

The two guys usually appear in their YouTube videos basically have gone rogue. One is the e-commerce manager and the other is the marketing manager. They have taken Vulkan e-commerce site as well as all of their social channels last month and decide to set up the business of their own using the 'Vulkan Automotive' brand.

Clearly they don't know how to do the retrofit stuff and activations, that's why these are all removed from the old website.

Luckily, the rest of the Vulkan staff members are still there and they have fitted the paddle shift with a full leather steering wheel along with other bits on the day and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Hope the boys at Vulkan recover quickly with their new website( which does look better than the old one) and I would highly recommend them for the new defender accessories.

This is their new website.

https://huntersprestige.com/

Last edited by cl65amg; 10-14-2023 at 01:51 AM. Reason: wrong link
The following 5 users liked this post by cl65amg:
EasternShoreDefender (12-12-2022), ficklma1 (12-12-2022), inater (12-12-2022), Kapoosh1 (12-12-2022), makristal (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 05:28 PM
Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts

Wow, what a strange story and poor luck for the (original) Vulkan folks. Were those 2 that absconded involved with the creation of the company?

Old 12-13-2022, 07:35 AM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if they were involved with the creation of the company to be honest. I just know that Vulkan is not moving and the stocks are still there. Because those two took everything when they left, the rest of the staff have to re-create a new website and offer the same service, that's why the new website still offers all of the usual activations, retrofit services and have Vulkan own branded products like wheel covers but the old website doesn't have all of those.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:08 AM
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. Thank you. I was thinking of getting something from Vulkan and all of their products are showing out of stock which is strange. Because they seem to have a lot of stocks from their youtube videos.

I will give the new houseofvulkan.com a try. I am looking to get the activations done on my defender.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (12-15-2022)