Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spotify App

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 11:34 AM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Spotify App

My preferred source for music is through the spotify app. I always have my phone with me when I drive and the system always seems to default to playing spotify from my phone. The audio quality is poorer that way but I constantly have trouble getting spotify to not auto select my phone as the source. This includes it just randomly stopping and switching to the phone as the input.

Is there a solution to this?

Its odd that I can play spotify through my phone, via android auto, and also the app. Sometimes I see that it says that spotify is in use somewhere else and that is why it stopped playing in the in car app. I suppose the work around would be to create a separate account for the car but I am out of accounts as they are used by family members. I also like being able to control the app from the phone similar to how I can control the music playing on my tv or computer from my phone.

Old 08-17-2023, 12:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 211 Likes on 117 Posts

I am in the same boat as you. Use Spotify for everything music-wise. My advice to you, so you keep your sanity, is just relax and deal with it. I have long ago gave up on trying to figure out (or configure) what the car will do when I turn it on. Sometimes it remembers, I was using the Spotify car app and it defaults to it, sometimes goes to carplay and uses Spotify in carplay, sometimes it does the first option and 3 mins later, auto-changes to Amazon music and I have to manually revert to Spotify. What really pisses me off though is when the Spotify app from the car is grayed out and I can't connect ever until I turn the car off and on again. I am telling you, just let go and embrace the chaos.

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (08-21-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 01:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mrego
I am in the same boat as you. Use Spotify for everything music-wise. My advice to you, so you keep your sanity, is just relax and deal with it. I have long ago gave up on trying to figure out (or configure) what the car will do when I turn it on. Sometimes it remembers, I was using the Spotify car app and it defaults to it, sometimes goes to carplay and uses Spotify in carplay, sometimes it does the first option and 3 mins later, auto-changes to Amazon music and I have to manually revert to Spotify. What really pisses me off though is when the Spotify app from the car is grayed out and I can't connect ever until I turn the car off and on again. I am telling you, just let go and embrace the chaos.
This is great advice. Although I won't get my Defender for another couple of weeks, the haphazard nature of modern car electronics is not limited to Land Rover.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:34 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mrego
Although I understand your point, three years of the audio swapping to another source randomly is a bug that should be addressed. I was hoping that there was a setting that would prioritize the in car apps over bluetooth, but I have yet to find it.

FWIW I think that when you cant load an in car app its a mobile data issue.

Old 08-17-2023, 04:05 PM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

Mine seems to default to whatever l was using the last time l was in the vehicle.

Spotify is streamed from my phone, l've never figured out how to do it without the phone.

For instance if l've been using Spotify the Pivi Pro will start up on "media" but won't actually play until l select the Spotify app on the screen.

lf l've been using the radio it will always come on with the radio when l next use the vehicle, and that comes straight on (no need to press any buttons)