Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealth Mode - Interior Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Stealth Mode - Interior Lighting

Has anyone figured out how to dim or turn off all the interior lighting while driving? I have engaged the "Stealth Mode" and when I turn off the main screen, the lighting doesn't dim or turn off like the Owner's manual says it should. The worse light is the passenger seat belt warning (symbol) near the rear view mirror.

I find there is way too much light in the cabin while driving and especially if out trying to see the stars and take nighttime pictures. I also can not find how to dim the drivers instrument screen.

Wondering if there is hack or shortcut to dim or turn off all the interior accessing lighting.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

What version software are you running? Stealth mode was glitchy on my 2020 110 HSE, until the latest couple of uploads, then it became stable. I have the ambient "premium cabin LED lighting" in my car. When I enable Stealth mode (I have actually created a long press shortcut on the multi-function diamond button of the steering wheel to turn it on and off without reaching for the touchscreen), touchscreen and ambient lights turn off completely, and instrument cluster, steering wheel buttons, center console *****/buttons/labels and even HUD dim considerably to a just-right level, still visible but not too bright. Only light that doesn't dim is that obnoxious orange passenger seat belt warning above the rear view mirror. Have thought about some black masking tape for that one, it is obnoxious with our without Stealth Mode.

There should be a small ****, somewhat hidden under the park brake on the LH of the steering wheel to adjust interior brightness of instrument cluster and controls. Push to access the ****, then rotate it to adjust brightness up or down.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:32 PM
Winching
Received 561 Likes on 252 Posts

PS: Stealth Mode is not on by default, make sure you have enabled that option under the vehicle settings. Otherwise the only thing to turn off when you touch the Screen Off button is the touchscreen itself. Worth double checking that, as it may be one of those options that mysteriously reset to default (off) every now and then, like Automatic High Beam Assist.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:13 AM
Drifting
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you. I have tried the dimmer **** under the parking brake, but for some reason it only dims the screens and ONLY during the daytime. This seems completely backwards to me, since there is very little reason o have to dim the screens during the daytime.

I am running OS 2.0.8 P9DT (Jan 29), which it says is the latest update.

Stealth Mode does stay activated, unlike the AHBA.

Thank you