Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in PiviPro 3.3.2... Not Updating

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 08:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by TeddyG
How to you guys update from the stick? It shuts down after few minutes......I mean I did it, but i was manually turning it on.
Just keep the engine running. It took about 20 or so mins for my update, which was less than it initially estimated. I didn't do it, but I understand you can drive while the update is progressing.

Old 07-12-2023, 11:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

I know this has been asked, but I’m having trouble locating the thread. Any suggestions on what to tell / ask your dealer techs when they say “your software is up to date”?

my 23.5 110X was built Aug 2022, delivered Dec 2022, and still says for software version “Your vehicle is up to date. Software version: Installed”.

I know I’m on 3. something, because I have wireless CarPlay - I’m not sure what other features are out there that would help me narrow down what version I have.

i believe 3.3.2 didn’t come out SOTA until Feb 2023, and 3.3.3 until April 2023?

I tried putting it on a tender, and extending my WiFi to my carport but that connectivity may still have been questionable.

This is at Land Rover Seattle in Lynnwood if anyone has any experience here - I am also close to Bellevue of course.

Thanks!
-Matthew

Old 07-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty79
I know this has been asked, but I’m having trouble locating the thread. Any suggestions on what to tell / ask your dealer techs when they say “your software is up to date”?

my 23.5 110X was built Aug 2022, delivered Dec 2022, and still says for software version “Your vehicle is up to date. Software version: Installed”.

I know I’m on 3. something, because I have wireless CarPlay - I’m not sure what other features are out there that would help me narrow down what version I have.

i believe 3.3.2 didn’t come out SOTA until Feb 2023, and 3.3.3 until April 2023?

I tried putting it on a tender, and extending my WiFi to my carport but that connectivity may still have been questionable.

This is at Land Rover Seattle in Lynnwood if anyone has any experience here - I am also close to Bellevue of course.

Thanks!
-Matthew
You get that message when you have yet to have any OTA update, so if you see that message on your software update screen then yours is probably still running the software version it got from the factory.

It's possible you have 3.3.1 to .2 from the factory and possible that yours is awaiting the update to 3.3.3 (which as a fellow west coaster I only got this week). It's also possible you are running a version prior to 3.3.1 or .2 and for some reason you're just not getting OTA updates. Have any of your other live apps updated? If they have it indicates you're at least getting updates. Either way your dealer can tell what you have, but it is possible you're just awaiting 3.3.3

Old 07-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by swajames
You get that message when you have yet to have any OTA update, so if you see that message on your software update screen then yours is probably still running the software version it got from the factory.

It's possible you have 3.3.1 to .2 from the factory and possible that yours is awaiting the update to 3.3.3 (which as a fellow west coaster I only got this week). It's also possible you are running a version prior to 3.3.1 or .2 and for some reason you're just not getting OTA updates. Have any of your other live apps updated? If they have it indicates you're at least getting updates. Either way your dealer can tell what you have, but it is possible you're just awaiting 3.3.3
Thanks! I am getting Live App updates - so at least some OTA is working. Supposedly the techs hooked it up to TopixCloud (Pathfinder’s replacement) and it showed no updates. I found field action / bulletin N795 that describes an issue where some cars aren’t getting SOTA at all - it involves re-flashing the TCU and then forcing Pivi recovery, and then cleaning something called SOTA persistency.

They’ve raised a case with JLR technical assistance - in the mean time they’re gonna send me home (there’s nothing actually malfunctioning with the Pivi Pro system or car - just concerned it’s not receiving updates). If you’re west coast and just now getting 3.3.3 - maybe my VIN is just late on the list to get updates - I dunno. (No idea of geographic location in the US matters?)

Techs also can’t tell me what version I have - going into the engineering section only gives some other info on version but not Pivi. (Tap quickly 5x above your clock in the corner of the screen). They said there’s another engineering menu when the vehicle is connected to TopixCloud - but you’re not supposed to go into it unless JLR technical support tells you to apparently *eyeroll*

I’ll update if I get resolution!

-Matthew

The following users liked this post:
swajames (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 12:56 PM
Three Wheeling

An update as I sit here in the waiting room… the person I’ve been working with here “Nat” who is the shop foreman here at Land Rover Seattle decided that even though Service Action N795 “Software Updates” wasn’t flagged against my VIN, sometimes VINs are missed and he’s performing it for me to make sure I’m on the current latest available for my model / year / VIN. As I mentioned above, it is a reflash of the TCU, a Pivi Software Recovery, and clearing of “SOTA Persistency” in the TCU.

I’d guess I’ll end up on 3.3.3 - or maybe lucky and get 4.0.0!!

In other news, I only came in to get my USB ports - they were kind enough to leave the rear ones not snapped in because I have a splitter loom on order from PowerfulUK and already have a USB-A and USB-C genuine inserts (from PowerfulUK - I just couldn’t get to the wiring myself in the rear despite forceps, curved safety scissors, needle node pliers, and a scope camera) - once I get the splitter looms from PowerfulUK - I will have 3 USB-C and one USB-A in the rear

They also programmed another FOB for me, since my VIN was flagged against that campaign, even though I already two. So now I have 3 FOBs and 2 key blades, but only two FOBs are programmed. Free spare? Hehe. Edit - my 3rd FOB works as well (and I found this post https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...-110-x-111852/ confirming that dealers usually are unaware that all FOBs will remain working even if they aren't present when programming a new one...) - so now I'm thinking of ordering a 3rd key blade.

Last edited by Matty79; 07-12-2023 at 11:59 PM.
swajames (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 11:02 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

I recently got my 23.5 , I am on 3.3.2 & the constant disconnects with Apple CarPlay & my iPhone 14 even while plugged in usb-c, is extremely aggravating! Along with some other bizarre happenings. Sure hope I get an update soon that will fix these issues?

Old 07-12-2023, 11:58 PM
Three Wheeling

I think I was on 3.3.2 (I never actually saw the version because I never received an SOTA, but I seemed to have all the features of 3.3.2) - but rarely had any trouble with CarPlay. I'd make sure your iPhone is up to date, maybe reboot it, and also reboot Pivi (with the car running, but probably easiest while you're not driving), push and hold the power button on the volume button by your temperature controls for I think ~20 seconds until the screen goes blank and it'll reboot. You can also remove your phone from Bluetooth / CarPlay in Pivi, and also on your iPhone forget the vehicle under Bluetooth as well as General --> CarPlay, and then reconnect them all again.

Old 07-13-2023, 12:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,166 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty79
An update as I sit here in the waiting room… the person I’ve been working with here “Nat” who is the shop foreman here at Land Rover Seattle decided that even though Service Action N795 “Software Updates” wasn’t flagged against my VIN, sometimes VINs are missed and he’s performing it for me to make sure I’m on the current latest available for my model / year / VIN. As I mentioned above, it is a reflash of the TCU, a Pivi Software Recovery, and clearing of “SOTA Persistency” in the TCU.

I’d guess I’ll end up on 3.3.3 - or maybe lucky and get 4.0.0!!

In other news, I only came in to get my USB ports - they were kind enough to leave the rear ones not snapped in because I have a splitter loom on order from PowerfulUK and already have a USB-A and USB-C genuine inserts (from PowerfulUK - I just couldn’t get to the wiring myself in the rear despite forceps, curved safety scissors, needle node pliers, and a scope camera) - once I get the splitter looms from PowerfulUK - I will have 3 USB-C and one USB-A in the rear

They also programmed another FOB for me, since my VIN was flagged against that campaign, even though I already two. So now I have 3 FOBs and 2 key blades, but only two FOBs are programmed. Free spare? Hehe. Edit - my 3rd FOB works as well (and I found this post https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...-110-x-111852/ confirming that dealers usually are unaware that all FOBs will remain working even if they aren't present when programming a new one...) - so now I'm thinking of ordering a 3rd key blade.
BTW same thing here. I have 3 key fobs that are programmed to the car, and 3 key blades. All work. And when I got the 3rd key fob, I had only one. The 2nd one was across the country in the purse of an Aston Martin dealer's pregnant wife who had a baby and accidentally took my car key (a very long story)... so I can confirm all keys do not need to be present to program a 3rd.

Old 07-13-2023, 12:14 AM
Three Wheeling

All - I got lucky and am now on 4.0.0! After they did the steps in bulletin N795, the version that got installed was 4.0.0. It still shows as "Installed" in Software Updates (presumably because my vehicle had this version installed 'directly' rather than via an SOTA), but I have Apple CarPlay maps in the driver display, and also the new features / descriptions in the release bulletin all appear to be there - including it warning you that a phone is in the wireless charger when you shut the car down - that's my second favorite feature!

I posted a bit more here in this thread too. https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...coming-117838/

Old 07-13-2023, 12:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,166 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by dshark1
I recently got my 23.5 , I am on 3.3.2 & the constant disconnects with Apple CarPlay & my iPhone 14 even while plugged in usb-c, is extremely aggravating! Along with some other bizarre happenings. Sure hope I get an update soon that will fix these issues?
OK here is one theory (mine!) as to what is going on with the disconnects...

Mobile providers are trying to bridge gaps in cellular with "managed wireless networks". They are likely on your phone without you knowing it, and default to "auto join".

This then interrupts the CarPlay... because CarPlay is using Wifi (and maybe bluetooth, I'm honestly not sure -- but it's *not* just bluetooth. Wifi is involved).

In my case, it happened in the same spot, on the same roads, with almost certain repeatability. I thought it was odd navigation beacons, or other interference. Turns out no.

Anyway. Do try this. It worked for us. Turn off "Auto join" on all managed networks on your phone. Ever since I've turned em off... (iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro in the household), we have no more disconnects on my CarPlay in either of our newer cars that have CarPlay. ASee screenshots.

dshark1 (07-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Stuck in PiviPro 3.3.2... Not Updating