Sponsored by:

Sunroof Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 02:10 PM
Vin
Mudding
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Sunroof Malfunction

On a nice day several weeks ago I opened the sunroof but when I got home it wouldn’t close. I power-cycled the truck and it closed as expected. Yesterday was another nice day but when I went to open the sunroof nothing. The sunshade works as expected — it closes when I lock the car and opens when I start it, but the switch is a little finicky when opening and closing manually. It’s a two position rocker switch, so depressing it the the first position opens/closes the sunshade until you release the switch. Depressing it further to the second position triggers the auto open/close. It’s the second position that is flakey on the sunshade. This leads me to suspect it’s an issue with both switches.

I’ll post back once the dealer services it. In the meantime, has anyone else had any issues with either the sunroof or sunshade?

Old 02-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Mudding
Received 144 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Vin
On a nice day several weeks ago I opened the sunroof but when I got home it wouldn’t close. I power-cycled the truck and it closed as expected. Yesterday was another nice day but when I went to open the sunroof nothing. The sunshade works as expected — it closes when I lock the car and opens when I start it, but the switch is a little finicky when opening and closing manually. It’s a two position rocker switch, so depressing it the the first position opens/closes the sunshade until you release the switch. Depressing it further to the second position triggers the auto open/close. It’s the second position that is flakey on the sunshade. This leads me to suspect it’s an issue with both switches.

I’ll post back once the dealer services it. In the meantime, has anyone else had any issues with either the sunroof or sunshade?

I had the same issue last year in extremely hot days - wouldn’t close - parked it under shade for an hour and it closed.
next day wouldn’t open after being parked in direct sunlight all day so I parked it in the shade for half hour and it opened - I think it’s such a tight fit it expands when hot and won’t budge 🥵

Old 02-18-2023, 08:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Vin

I’ve had issues with the sunroof not opening occasionally. It actually happened last week. I had read on this forum to close the shade and then open the shade back up. The sunroof would then open. I think it is some kind of cycling through thing. Either way, it worked.

The following users liked this post:
clubguy (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 09:18 AM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, my sunroof randomly cracked yesterday. Nothing impacted it. Less than 4000 miles, and I bet they won’t warranty it.

Old 02-18-2023, 09:24 AM
Winching
Received 574 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdirt Cowboy
Well, my sunroof randomly cracked yesterday. Nothing impacted it. Less than 4000 miles, and I bet they won’t warranty it.
Definitely a warranty issue. Don't accept anything else