Sponsored by:

Think I'm returning to the Defender family again

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 09:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Think I'm returning to the Defender family again

Hey all,

I sold my beloved 2022 D90 back around March when gas shot through the roof, it wasn't because I couldn't afford the gas, it was simply because I was sick of kissing the gas lords asses.

Well, I ordered a Tesla, it arrived damaged, the replacement came in a month later and it looked like a 2nd grade class assembled it, and the third one hasnt arrived and its anyones guess. Truth be told, I think Tesla is a HORRIBLY run company, so I thought....lets call my LR dealer.

They has a 2023 D90 P400 X-Dynamic SE in Yulong white with the extended black package and black Windsor full leather arriving in a month (mid Aug), only thing holding me back are a few missing options I swore I'd want if I ever got another Defender.

Options missing:

Adaptive cruise
Heads Up
Tow hitch
Recovery eyes
11.4" screen

It is arriving with the full virtual display behind the steering wheel which I thought was not available any longer.

I attached a screenshot of the options this Yulong white has.

What to do????

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 09:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

Nothing you can really do about Adaptive Cruise (unless that is one of those features that the coders can 'activate' through coding, doubt it) or the big screen but the tow hitch and recovery eyes can be installed after the fact. The tow hitch gets pricey with air suspension as it needs a new module of some sort. Try to work it into the deal if it is important to you.

Royalist (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 02:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Only you can decide that but personally I wouldn't want to jump into anything without adaptive anymore. Two-three months ago I tested a Bronco Sport Badlands and nearly signed the paperwork, I had the pickup date locked in to come into after my work shift to sign. They were going to give me what I wanted for my Defender. Then I found out for some reason it didn't have adaptive cruise. I'm like wth, how does top trim level not have adaptive i.e. it had co-pilot 360, but you need 360+ for that, the plus is the key here, all three on the lot had co-pilot. I then combed the search tool for every badlands in every state around me, none of the delivered vehicles from that spring delivery 'wave' had adaptive cruise. So now I'm half way into a four month wait for a special order Bronco sport with adaptive cruise. It's all chip shortage BS. Like I said only you can decide, some people don't even use cruise much less would they use / need adaptive, for me I use it almost daily and on any longer drive would really miss it.

Last edited by Chief65; 07-17-2022 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:24 PM
Rock Crawling

CombatNinja replied above about coding adaptive cruise to enable it maybe...possibly....hopefully 🤔 Do we know here if thats remotely even possible or is there hardware that is needed as well?

I'm told December/January I might maybe see a Defender 90 if I build one to my spec. Thats most likely a no go.

This "chip shortage" BS is getting VERY old!!!!

PS Chief65, I was born and raised in WNY, live in Florida now, spend a fair amount of time in the Carolinas, parents are actually at the house in WNY now for the summer.

Last edited by Low Country; 07-17-2022 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Low Country
CombatNinja replied above about coding adaptive cruise to enable it maybe...possibly....hopefully 🤔 Do we know here if thats remotely even possible or is there hardware that is needed as well?

I'm told December/January I might maybe see a Defender 90 if I build one to my spec. Thats most likely a no go.

This "chip shortage" BS is getting VERY old!!!!

PS Chief65, I was born and raised in WNY, live in Florida now, spend a fair amount of time in the Carolinas, parents are actually at the house in WNY now for the summer.
Hey that's cool. I'm in Rochester fwiw. You don't want to buy my 90 do you? lol

Old 07-17-2022, 03:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

Looks like you are in luck with adaptive cruise. I guess it is just software?

https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...hicles-112568/

Low Country (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Chief65
Hey that's cool. I'm in Rochester fwiw. You don't want to buy my 90 do you? lol
I was born in Rochester, raised in Fredonia. I've never bought a used vehicle in my life, I should...its the smart thing to do 😂

Chief65 (07-18-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 03:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by CombatNinja

Man...thank you!!! I have already reached out to Mark in CA

Old 07-17-2022, 11:13 PM
Banned
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Low Country
I was born in Rochester, raised in Fredonia. I've never bought a used vehicle in my life, I should...its the smart thing to do 😂
Nice to see good representation from NNY. My Mom was from Canandaigua and my Dad was from Rochester. I was born in raised in Watertown but now out in Northern Utah.

The following 2 users liked this post by user 729788:
Chief65 (07-18-2022), Low Country (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 12:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatNinja

If it was just software, there's no reason at all for it to be missing.

Chances are a key component isn't present, which means even Mark might struggle with this one.

Quick Reply: Think I'm returning to the Defender family again