Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 04:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by starbai
My GAP IiD tool just came today. CAn't wait to start messing around with it. I updated the firmware right away and wanted to know what version is current to make sure it truly downloaded the latest?
when you connect to update it, the updater will make the most recent version available in a drop down.

Old 08-18-2023, 11:08 PM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks and I do not mean to hijack the thread.

I read all the documentation and feel comfortable using this thing after coding BMWs in the past and following multiple threads on this tool.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.

I tried again this time only enabling one thing (in car wifi) and same issue. Upload failed.

Anyone know what I could be doing incorrectly?

I emailed GAP using the contact us link on their page but I got an auto response saying they're on vacation till Aug 28. I'll obviously wait if I have to but kinda bummed as I had a short road trip planned tomorrow and I was keen to try out dynamic mode.

Last edited by starbai; 08-18-2023 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:07 AM
Three Wheeling

I read all the documentation and feel comfortable using this thing after coding BMWs in the past and following multiple threads on this tool.

I activated my tool, tied it to my car and read the ccf file. I made a number of edits (known working things) and went to write the ccf to the car. It uploads I think ok (to 100%) and then it says ccf upload failed.

I tried again this time only enabling one thing (in car wifi) and same issue. Upload failed.

I emailed GAP using the contact us link on their page but I got an auto response saying they're on vacation till Aug 28. I'll obviously wait if I have to but kinda bummed as I had a short road trip planned tomorrow and I was keen to try out dynamic mode.
I have the same issue. They’re working on it.

Old 08-22-2023, 11:11 AM
Mudding
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pjeski
Any luck on your end? They replied to my query asking my ECU info list. Which I sent but haven't heard back. I am not bothered as I know they're out on vacation until Aug. 28. I was surprised to even get a response asking for the ECU list. Was kinda hoping they'd get it resolved before Aug 28, but understand that I'll have to wait.

Anyway just wondered if they may have been able to get to you?

Old 08-22-2023, 11:15 AM
Three Wheeling

Any luck on your end? They replied to my query asking my ECU info list. Which I sent but haven't heard back. I am not bothered as I know they're out on vacation until Aug. 28. I was surprised to even get a response asking for the ECU list. Was kinda hoping they'd get it resolved before Aug 28, but understand that I'll have to wait.

Anyway just wondered if they may have been able to get to you?
No, I’m still waiting as well.

The following users liked this post:
starbai (08-22-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 05:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pjeski
Add a third to the list. Tried enabling the rear door opening with the key fob, goes through the entire process, looks like it's loaded, cycles through ignition on and off a time or two, in the end it says upload failed. Have not contacted anyone yet about it, but intend to do so. That said, please post if you get any update.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

The tail door control from the fobs is basically useless. I don't think I have used it since I checked to see if it worked.

Heck, we've all waited, you should find them back on Monday.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:09 PM
Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

[QUOTE=Ratledge;874928]The tail door control from the fobs is basically useless. I don't think I have used it since I checked to see if it worked.

I sleep in the back of mine when camping. Having the remote open is great. Can pop the back door open with the fob and exit in the morning. Other than that I agree it does not have a ton of usefulness unless you’re willing to try the power open kit from China.

The following 2 users liked this post by ORDPA:
dshark1 (09-03-2023), Ratledge (08-27-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratledge
The tail door control from the fobs is basically useless. I don't think I have used it since I checked to see if it worked.

Heck, we've all waited, you should find them back on Monday.
It was the most benign change I could make. I basically was testing the IID Tool to see how it worked and changing one setting related to the rear door seemed the least likely to result in an F'up. Plus I thought I'd be able to use it on occasion.

Old 08-27-2023, 11:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by AAJR
It was the most benign change I could make.
Oh, I get it, but I don't camp. For one thing, I am permanently disabled from an airplane landing incident in 1998 when I was working out of San Diego.

As a non-camper, I have used it exactly once.

Quick Reply: Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob