Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 11:58 AM
Mudding
Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

As a non-camper, I have used it exactly once.[/QUOTE]

Totally get that not everyone camps and is the reason I agreed with you that outside of my example it has little use unless you are willing to buy the auto open/close kit out of China. I know for me I am too chicken to try it. 😂 Probably would open my door into another car in the first week I had it installed.

Old 08-27-2023, 03:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

Actually quite less, just a pop, if you will. The door is fairly heavy.

It's not much, as a matter of fact I remember someone with soft close taildoor noted that his immediately caught it and pulled it back.

I have used it twice in the past 24 because it's been raining. Works "as advertised".

Old 08-29-2023, 10:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by AAJR
Add a third to the list. Tried enabling the rear door opening with the key fob, goes through the entire process, looks like it's loaded, cycles through ignition on and off a time or two, in the end it says upload failed. Have not contacted anyone yet about it, but intend to do so. That said, please post if you get any update.
Originally Posted by pjeski
No, I’m still waiting as well.
Hey guys, I guess Patrick and team is back from vacation. I just got an e-mail saying to update the firmware again. I'm not sure if anything was done on their end to make something work. But, it did the trick. (Note I made sure it was properly updated 2x and I still had the issue before, but this time it seems to have done something).

I have been able to successfuly write/save the CCF. Though I'm not seeing any of the changes I made actually appear yet. No bond screen, no dynamic pages, no wifi, I cannot confirm if auto start/stop is 'remembered' now.

I know folks above have said lock the car an dleave it alone for a while. So I'm doing so as we speak.

But the headline is... it appears to be writing and saving the CCF properly now!

Old 08-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by starbai
Hey guys, I guess Patrick and team is back from vacation. I just got an e-mail saying to update the firmware again. I'm not sure if anything was done on their end to make something work. But, it did the trick. (Note I made sure it was properly updated 2x and I still had the issue before, but this time it seems to have done something).

I have been able to successfuly write/save the CCF. Though I'm not seeing any of the changes I made actually appear yet. No bond screen, no dynamic pages, no wifi, I cannot confirm if auto start/stop is 'remembered' now.

I know folks above have said lock the car an dleave it alone for a while. So I'm doing so as we speak.

But the headline is... it appears to be writing and saving the CCF properly now!
I'm just about to head out for lunch. When I come back, I'll report on whether autostart was remembered.
edit to add: yep, it worked.

Last edited by pjeski; 08-29-2023 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
starbai (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 12:10 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by pjeski
I'm just about to head out for lunch. When I come back, I'll report on whether autostart was remembered.
edit to add: yep, it worked.
Back from lunch and I'm super stoked. It looks like everything took/saved.

Dynamic mode is a game changer. Obviously no real extra power, but it finally feels like I felt it should have from the factory. Could be placebo/mental thing but I'm happy none the less.
007 page startup worked
Remembered Auto Stop
Seat Belt chime gone.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the walk away locking and walk up unlocking. I thought I was safe since I have a 2023.5 and no locking fuel door. but perhaps thats one of those things that doesn't truly work until a longer sit? Dont know but not the end of the world.

The other big thing I wanted to enable was wifi... it may be there but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet. Will report back later. :-)

pjeski (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 10:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Got mine working as well. The meat of their email said:

-Update the tool again to the RELEASE, Build 3034

-Try the CCF again

So if yours is not working, update the tool again, even if it says it has release Build 3034. I assume they have tweaked something in the software not big enough to merit a new Build number (hardware version)m but who know.

Old 08-29-2023, 11:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Back from lunch and I'm super stoked. It looks like everything took/saved.

Dynamic mode is a game changer. Obviously no real extra power, but it finally feels like I felt it should have from the factory. Could be placebo/mental thing but I'm happy none the less.
007 page startup worked
Remembered Auto Stop
Seat Belt chime gone.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the walk away locking and walk up unlocking. I thought I was safe since I have a 2023.5 and no locking fuel door. but perhaps thats one of those things that doesn't truly work until a longer sit? Dont know but not the end of the world.

The other big thing I wanted to enable was wifi... it may be there but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet. Will report back later. :-)
Walk away lock/approach unlock is working! I simply forgot it had to be enabled in pivi after updating the CCF.
Wifi seems to be there too but also haven't had a chance to test it out.

End result, everything I wanted to enable is done. Stoked!

Old 08-30-2023, 09:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad you've got it working

starbai (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 09:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Walk away lock/approach unlock is working! I simply forgot it had to be enabled in pivi after updating the CCF.
Wifi seems to be there too but also haven't had a chance to test it out.

End result, everything I wanted to enable is done. Stoked!
When the menu choices first showed up on my pivi, they didn’t work until I reset pivi again. Works fine now.

starbai (08-30-2023)
Old 09-02-2023, 03:08 PM
Mudding
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what is the difference between the regular and Pro version?

Quick Reply: Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob