Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US bull bar from Expedition One.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 11:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamalli
So this past weekend I finally got to install my expedition one front bumper. I think it looks great, much better than the plastic silver bumper that was there before. I also installed a winch though I have not gotten around to hooking up the electrical.

There were a few snafu's with the install. The biggest one is if you have the trim level with the front plastic skid plate the expedition one skid plate won't be able to be bolted on. This was not mentioned anywhere on the expedition one product page or in the direction. The problem is the metal skid plate from land rover uses a different front bar to attach the front of the skid plate than the plastic skid plate and apparently expedition one assumes we all have the metal skid plate. To remedy this I found the correct front metal bar on ebay, so I am waiting on that to mound the skid plate. Another issue is the badland Apex winches control box bumps up against the front camera connector. To fix this I put a couple of aluminum spaces leftover the bumper install on the front feet of the winch. This tilted the winch back enough to not make contact with the connector.

Also while I was doing this bumper work I decided I should install Salteks cooler relocation kit since everything was taken apart. Not sure if I will ever upgrade the tires where I would need that, but might as well. I did have to bend the bracket back a little to clear the new bumper as the radiator's where just barely touching.
superb stuff. I’d love to install one of these one day. Great info.

if you’re ever headed my way again be Sure to holler. Would be cool to hit a track or two. Shame I missed you last time.

Old 09-30-2024, 07:36 AM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

So this past weekend I finally got to install my expedition one front bumper. I think it looks great, much better than the plastic silver bumper that was there before. I also installed a winch though I have not gotten around to hooking up the electrical.

There were a few snafu's with the install. The biggest one is if you have the trim level with the front plastic skid plate the expedition one skid plate won't be able to be bolted on. This was not mentioned anywhere on the expedition one product page or in the direction. The problem is the metal skid plate from land rover uses a different front bar to attach the front of the skid plate than the plastic skid plate and apparently expedition one assumes we all have the metal skid plate. To remedy this I found the correct front metal bar on ebay, so I am waiting on that to mound the skid plate. Another issue is the badland Apex winches control box bumps up against the front camera connector. To fix this I put a couple of aluminum spaces leftover the bumper install on the front feet of the winch. This tilted the winch back enough to not make contact with the connector.

Also while I was doing this bumper work I decided I should install Salteks cooler relocation kit since everything was taken apart. Not sure if I will ever upgrade the tires where I would need that, but might as well. I did have to bend the bracket back a little to clear the new bumper as the radiator's were just barely touching.
I’ve got one on my P400 as well and love the bumper. There are a few ****les that perhaps someone else has sorted:

1. I get a front camera out of position code (something similar) when I scan for faults using the GapIID tool
2. At slow speed turning (e.g., parking lots) I get false alarms from the parking sensors.

I’m curious if you or others have these issues and ideas on how to resolve them?

Old 09-30-2024, 08:04 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 120 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 930dreamer
I’ve got one on my P400 as well and love the bumper. There are a few ****les that perhaps someone else has sorted:

1. I get a front camera out of position code (something similar) when I scan for faults using the GapIID tool
2. At slow speed turning (e.g., parking lots) I get false alarms from the parking sensors.

I’m curious if you or others have these issues and ideas on how to resolve them?
Now that you mention it I did notice the parking sensors were going off a little bit more than normal. Though I attributed it to some straps on my trasharoo that are hanging low in the back. I will check later today. I will also scan for faults on the camera.

Old 09-30-2024, 05:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 120 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 930dreamer

I do get the camera fault code. Though the camera seems to work fine. I am curious as to how it determines the camera is out of position

I don't seem to be getting the false alarms from the parking sensors.

The following users liked this post:
930dreamer (09-30-2024)
Old 09-30-2024, 08:23 PM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I do get the camera fault code. Though the camera seems to work fine. I am curious as to how it determines the camera is out of position

I don't seem to be getting the false alarms from the parking sensors.
I wondered the same thing about the camera - very curious. My sensor false alarms are only on the front when going forward and turning sharply. I’m guessing it’s picking up something on the bumper.