Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vulakan Automotive vs Other brand Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 10:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Vulakan Automotive vs Other brand Accessories

I was planning on purchasing a Vulkan lightpod, spoiler and sidesteps for my new 110 but the whole website is sold out of everything. Any of you guys have experience with Vulkan? How often to they re-stock? Any other brand options for recommendation? I know Urban has similar product's but their prices are crazy and I rather the 3m stick on accessories vs drilled.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:36 AM
Mudding
Received 144 Likes on 62 Posts

I’ve been dealing with Vulkan for some 15 months now, and the whole team are great at what they do! They know their stuff, technically minded so they’re not just a retailer, and they care about their customers and products.
All of the items they sell have been first class quality, and when something is out of stock, it’s usually restocked quite quickly as they’re always planning ahead and if you saw the size of their warehouse, boy do they stock a lot! 😮
Even when I purchased and fitted the light pod, I recommended that the controller box fitted under the bonnet was IP67 rated, so they went away, redesigned and manufactured it and sent me one, they’re very progressive, always looking at ways to improve upon their products, and add to their range with quality items that people not only want…..but can also afford……unlike some other retailers who sell on their brand.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:50 AM
Overlanding
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Vulkan just launched the new store with a much more improved look. I have just bought something from them and they are great.

The new website is here:

https://houseofvulkan.com/

Hope that helps

Old 12-07-2022, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by JimmyAK
I was planning on purchasing a Vulkan lightpod, spoiler and sidesteps for my new 110 but the whole website is sold out of everything. Any of you guys have experience with Vulkan? How often to they re-stock? Any other brand options for recommendation? I know Urban has similar product's but their prices are crazy and I rather the 3m stick on accessories vs drilled.
Originally Posted by Ludders54
I’ve been dealing with Vulkan for some 15 months now, and the whole team are great at what they do! They know their stuff, technically minded so they’re not just a retailer, and they care about their customers and products.
All of the items they sell have been first class quality, and when something is out of stock, it’s usually restocked quite quickly as they’re always planning ahead and if you saw the size of their warehouse, boy do they stock a lot! 😮
Even when I purchased and fitted the light pod, I recommended that the controller box fitted under the bonnet was IP67 rated, so they went away, redesigned and manufactured it and sent me one, they’re very progressive, always looking at ways to improve upon their products, and add to their range with quality items that people not only want…..but can also afford……unlike some other retailers who sell on their brand.
Good to know!
Originally Posted by cl65amg
Vulkan just launched the new store with a much more improved look. I have just bought something from them and they are great.

The new website is here:

Hope that helps
Thank you for this! I was browsing the old website.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (12-07-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,240 Likes on 739 Posts

Wow, wish I were overseas. I'd be scheduling a Matrix refit in a heart beat!

The following 2 users liked this post by GrouseK9:
EasternShoreDefender (12-08-2022), ficklma1 (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 09:56 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by cl65amg

The new website is here:

Hope that helps
I'm in USA but the checkout is in BGP. Website lets me switch to US but doesn't switch currency. What did you do?

Old 12-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Overlanding

I just checked out with GBP and my credit card company would convert it in USD with the spot exchange rate. Good time to buy though as pound is weak at the moment

ficklma1 (12-08-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 07:31 PM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

no offense to Vulkan as they have great customer service but they are not selling anything different than what you see on Amazon or Alibaba. Fake parts from Asia and just rebranded.

no issues with fake parts but quality is not 100 percent. had some issues with Vulkan but they took care of me an issued a full refund.

if anything thr sense of security of buying fake parts that there is some QC

The following 3 users liked this post by Ehloo:
EasternShoreDefender (12-12-2022), Lnberger (12-12-2022), MattF (12-12-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 03:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree. I got the side steps off Amazon. Got it installed by a local garage (though I could do it myself but cuz of cold weather). And I compared with oem side steps . No difference at all. Now whether it will last like oem is a different story and time will tell. But so far it’s been great.

im also getting other accessories from aliexpress. Based on my research all these guys, ndp, vulkan, powerfuluk, lucky8 they all source from China alibaba etc. so I don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t be from them directly. I made the seller on Ali express send the photo/video of actual product being dispatched with tracking number and my name on it (engraved) and also contacted other buyers before ordering and so far it’s been positive

MattF (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:04 AM
Overlanding

I agree from the above comments but what is not made in China though? Even Urban have their stuff made overseas and they charge a ridiculous price for their stuff.

I buy from Vulkan mainly because I know if there is something wrong, they can sort me out quickly instead of contacting the seller from Aliexpress which I had really bad experience before.

As I said before, I have no issues with made in China stuff as long as the quality is good and price is reasonable.

Quick Reply: Vulakan Automotive vs Other brand Accessories