Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vulkan Automotive unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023 | 06:27 AM
|
Drifting
Default Vulkan Automotive unresponsive?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who is being ignored or who's emails end up in some spam-folder? Been trying to get in contact with Vulkan for a month now and no luck. At the same time I'm still getting their adverts to my inbox..

Jaak, mildly worried.

Old 02-05-2023 | 02:55 PM

I have the same experience with them. It seems they are going on" moving "for months.
Their webshop is empty, no software upgrades, no retrofits. Something unusual is apparently going on.

Old 02-05-2023 | 02:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by jpschepens@bhtradnav.be
I have the same experience with them. It seems they are going on" moving "for months.
Their webshop is empty, no software upgrades, no retrofits. Something unusual is apparently going on.
This is the new website https://houseofvulkan.com/en-us

I bought some parts from them a couple months ago and something was missing from the box. I emailed them, they answered right away and mailed over the missing item.

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-06-2023 | 05:56 AM
Three Wheeling

This has been discussed on here back in December, here's the explanation of what's been going on from one of the UK based members who went to visit:

Hello guys,

Just been to Vulkan last week and I thought I'd share some of my personal experience in case someone is also looking to get something done there.

I have bought many products from them before for my two defenders. However, recently I noticed that they have removed all the stocks on their website and all of the retrofit options and activations were also removed as well. Contacted them but couldn't get through by phone. It looks like they are moving as stated on their website.

Until recently, I noticed that there is a new website called House of Vulkan and they are at the same address as the Vulkan Automotive in Thetford, UK.

As I live not far from Thetford, I thought I'd go there and check it out myself with my new 110 collected last month.

It turns out they are the still the same old Vulkan and they still have the stock there!

After talking to the guys there, I know exactly what happened.

The two guys usually appear in their YouTube videos basically have gone rogue. One is the e-commerce manager and the other is the marketing manager. They have taken Vulkan e-commerce site as well as all of their social channels last month and decide to set up the business of their own using the 'Vulkan Automotive' brand.

Clearly they don't know how to do the retrofit stuff and activations, that's why these are all removed from the old website.

Luckily, the rest of the Vulkan staff members are still there and they have fitted the paddle shift with a full leather steering wheel along with other bits on the day and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Hope the boys at Vulkan recover quickly with their new website( which does look better than the old one) and I would highly recommend them for the new defender accessories.

This is their new website.

https://houseofvulkan.com/

original thread:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/20...kan-uk-115018/

The following 5 users liked this post by Jomara:
Cestor (02-15-2023), ficklma1 (02-13-2023), GrouseK9 (02-06-2023), Ken1179 (03-18-2024), SoCalDef (02-10-2023)
Old 02-06-2023 | 05:57 AM
Rock Crawling

I have read online somewhere that vulkan and house of vulkan are 2 different companies. Possibly some type of a partnership that split up. Vulkan posted somewhere that they are not affiliated. Im not sure if this is accurate. Hopefully all is well

ficklma1 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023 | 07:40 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by sarek
I have read online somewhere that vulkan and house of vulkan are 2 different companies. Possibly some type of a partnership that split up. Vulkan posted somewhere that they are not affiliated. Im not sure if this is accurate. Hopefully all is well
Yes this was the explanation I got from chatting with houseofvulkan - one of their founders left and took VulkanAutomotive, but apparently houseofvulkan has all of the previous SKU's as well as some new stuff. I've also noticed the only thing on VulkanAutomotive is a "new" rear wing, but that seems to be the extent of items they currently have to sell at the moment at least.

Old 02-06-2023 | 03:46 PM
Mudding

I am not seeing much on either Vulkan sites that cant easily be found on Ebay or Amazon. All of that stuff is coming out of China and is easily found else where. Cheaper as well.

MattF (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023 | 04:14 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
I am not seeing much on either Vulkan sites that cant easily be found on Ebay or Amazon. All of that stuff is coming out of China and is easily found else where. Cheaper as well.
I agree with this for the most part, with the exception of the black roof rack. I have yet to find one comparable in cost even when including the enormous shipping rate from UK to USA. Rack comes out to be ~$600 USD and shipping is ~$450. That is the only item I haven't been able to find for a cost around $1000 USD.

Old 02-13-2023 | 04:00 AM
Overlanding

I was there on 8 February 2023 getting work done and can confirm all of the above.

Ignore Vulkan Automotive and use House of Vulcan.

Did a great job on my vehicle

The following 2 users liked this post by bluewin2:
Cestor (02-15-2023), ficklma1 (02-13-2023)