2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are you finding accessories and parts (OEM or Aftermarket)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 02:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
https://www.matzker.de/TECHNIK-ZUBEH...0_373_379.html

Expensive (but good) German-made underbody protection
Yep, those nice pictures from Matzker continue to have prices but no delivery dates -- its's been a year or so the same.

Their photo of the winch is interesting .....

The matzker winch is the same type as the JLR one, but is mounted 6 inches lower

On the website, its the same Warn winch for sale from JLR, but it is mounted about 6 inches lower. I am curious to learn how it is mounted in the configuration shown and connected to the vehicle?

Old 05-22-2021, 08:21 PM
Mudding
Received 267 Likes on 107 Posts

https://defender3d.co.uk

Phone/tablet dash-clamp mounts with 1” ball (Ram Mounts compatible).
And a few other interior accessories.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 698 Likes on 405 Posts

I just came by this site in Australia. Features some light weight rock sliders as direct replacements of the current plastic trim, and promises the Matzker under armour, and some other items.

https://www.4x4outdoortuning.com.au/new-defender

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 06-01-2021 at 08:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
A Faceless Man (06-01-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 07:29 AM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

That Matzker
Electronic handling and off-road kit, NEW Defender 2020

Is certainly intriguing, anyone have any additional info on it?

Old 06-02-2021, 09:28 AM
Winching
Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Landy718
That Matzker
Electronic handling and off-road kit, NEW Defender 2020

Is certainly intriguing, anyone have any additional info on it?
At that nosebleed price they won't find many takers. I have just ordered a height controller kit from LLAMS in Australia (I used to have their EAS control module on my RRS and LR4 and loved it), which they just developed for the new Defender, for a fraction of what that Matzker module costs. It will do pretty much the same thing - once I figure out the installation (which is quite involving on the Defender, due to the location of the air suspensions control module.) Aftermarket EAS height controllers are nothing new.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:03 PM
Drifting
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I messaged the badasstents guys about the ladder rotopax mount and they sent me here.. It's a bit pricey tho!
https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/prod...mount-bracket/

A Faceless Man (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 05:56 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keeping track of the various options here, hope it's useful! https://www.pinterest.co.uk/harrypee...s-accessories/

Old 06-18-2022, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark1107
Also supertweaks.com
AVOID THEM.
Fraudulent "company" with fake details, not in the UK as stated. A fake business meeting the occasional small low value order to keep up appearances as a legitimate business. With most high value orders, they will take the money and not send the items. Typical fraudulent operation but initially quite convincing. Their email responses give them away. Also any large company with no permanent address who mis-spells their own "directors" name is questionable. All routes point to criminals with this scam business. Don't get fooled like many others clearly have. I got off lightly.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,299 Likes on 949 Posts

Looking at the extended wheel arches to cover a little paint SNAFU on one of the front fenders. They will cover the blemish up nicely. Looking at the various options. OEM and what appear to be the identical product without LR badging from aliexpress.

Wondering if anyone had gone this route with plastic stick on / bolt on accessories and were happy with the quality.

Half the price but appear to be identical 100%

Old 07-14-2022, 04:27 PM
Mudding
Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

I bought mirror covers from Ali Express and I'm very happy with them - they appear to be identical in every way to the JLR ones at <1/4 the price. I also bought a stick-on rubber rear bumper protector and I think it's better than the one Landrover sells - so overall my experience has been positive (with the caveat that you need to use a credit card that generates a one-time number and the purchase will almost certainly be flagged by the bank before it goes through).

I have hesitated on the rear corner "diamond plate" replacements because they are bigger and would could look terrible if they don't fit correctly - I'm still 50/50 on those. I am not planning on buying the rear tow hooks from AE because those are potentially a safety risk of they are not to spec.

With the wheel arches I think you have to be willing to take the chance that they may be exactly the same as the factory (best case), or they may not fit properly or be made of some weird material (medium case), or they may not arrive at all (worst case). You'll have to decide what threshold of $$ is worth those risks. For me, my threshold is $25-50 where I'm happy to take the chance that nothing or something incorrect or unusable shows up.

GavinC (07-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Where are you finding accessories and parts (OEM or Aftermarket)