2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are you finding accessories and parts (OEM or Aftermarket)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 05:23 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,305 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorofRocks
I bought mirror covers from Ali Express and I'm very happy with them - they appear to be identical in every way to the JLR ones at <1/4 the price. I also bought a stick-on rubber rear bumper protector and I think it's better than the one Landrover sells - so overall my experience has been positive (with the caveat that you need to use a credit card that generates a one-time number and the purchase will almost certainly be flagged by the bank before it goes through).

I have hesitated on the rear corner "diamond plate" replacements because they are bigger and would could look terrible if they don't fit correctly - I'm still 50/50 on those. I am not planning on buying the rear tow hooks from AE because those are potentially a safety risk of they are not to spec.

With the wheel arches I think you have to be willing to take the chance that they may be exactly the same as the factory (best case), or they may not fit properly or be made of some weird material (medium case), or they may not arrive at all (worst case). You'll have to decide what threshold of $$ is worth those risks. For me, my threshold is $25-50 where I'm happy to take the chance that nothing or something incorrect or unusable shows up.
Thanks Doc

Yeah. I feel the same about any structural stuff like recovery points. These are just plastic trim bits so I've no concerns there. Fitment would be the only worry.