Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields are back ordered...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 10:29 PM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuckle
It is around $1900. When driving BMW. Benz, Rover etc then always a good idea to get the windshield replacement insurance. My deductible is $50. Coverage is like $140 per year.

Just processed my replacement online through safelite and they said they would be here Tuesday to replace.
Is it an original through safelite? My vehicle came with Perma Plate so they’re sending safelite first to try and repair it and if it’s not possible then they’ll authorize a replacement. However I don’t want a generic windshield, I want an original.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by is21447
Is it an original through safelite? My vehicle came with Perma Plate so they’re sending safelite first to try and repair it and if it’s not possible then they’ll authorize a replacement. However I don’t want a generic windshield, I want an original.
My understanding is that there are no generic windshields available and it will have the Land Rover stamp on it. I guess we will see.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:29 AM
7th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Solar 'tint' question

I had to replace mine on my 2022 Defender, no heads up, heat, solar. LR164079. The replacement no longer has the visible bronze-ish layer that ends a few inches from the window's edge. I told the dealer they installed the wrong part and showed them a Defender w/ the option. It's clearly different.

They ordered a new one, it came in, no visible tint. They told me JLR North America claims it's been re-engineered. Is this BS? Has anyone had a solar tint windshield replaced and the solar tint is now invisible?

I'm feel like it's a case of a bad Parts Department, or maybe due to the class action suit, JLR did change the solar tint? Every car I have seen w/ the solar option - it's pretty apparent.

Thanks!

Paul

The following users liked this post:
Gullywasher (07-02-2023)
Old 06-02-2023, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bcampagnolo
I had to replace mine on my 2022 Defender, no heads up, heat, solar. LR164079. The replacement no longer has the visible bronze-ish layer that ends a few inches from the window's edge. I told the dealer they installed the wrong part and showed them a Defender w/ the option. It's clearly different.

They ordered a new one, it came in, no visible tint. They told me JLR North America claims it's been re-engineered. Is this BS? Has anyone had a solar tint windshield replaced and the solar tint is now invisible?

I'm feel like it's a case of a bad Parts Department, or maybe due to the class action suit, JLR did change the solar tint? Every car I have seen w/ the solar option - it's pretty apparent.

Thanks!

Paul
The windshield design did change. We had to replace ours in December on a 2022 with heated windshield. No more purple hue or “film”. I actually like it better.

Old 06-02-2023, 01:41 PM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gdyear78
The windshield design did change. We had to replace ours in December on a 2022 with heated windshield. No more purple hue or “film”. I actually like it better.
Same...just did mine 2 weeks ago and no more visible film. I didn't ask about it to confirm, but just assumed the design had changed.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:11 PM
7th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, thanks for the info, I'll stop trying to locate the "right" windscreen!

Old 06-02-2023, 03:59 PM
Mudding
Received 108 Likes on 56 Posts

My new 2023 Defender was delivered with a scratched windscreen. The dealer quotes five working days to get a replacement in.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This just happened to me D110 2022. Hot day, cracked from the top right of center. I vote for heat stress as a trigger.

Last edited by Gullywasher; 07-02-2023 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 78 Likes on 43 Posts

Finally joined the cracked windscreen club.. 2022 with 18k miles. Screen is full boat, heated/solar/heads-up. Safelite is telling me no aftermarket glass available (molds not released to aftermarket) and ETA on OEM glass is December! Call to the closest dealer tells us November. First cracked windscreen in over 30 years of driving (I've had small chips). Rock/pebble hit screen on passenger side lower corner (heard the hit), 8 inch crack immediately visible. Close inspection on the outside shows no point of impact, just clean glass with a now growing by the day crack, any other car would have probably just sustained a chip or bullseye.

Old 09-01-2023, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 246 Likes on 131 Posts

I joined the cracked windshield club July 26th. Today, the folks at Safelite are putting OEM glass back on. They tried yesterday but had issues connecting up the calibration, but today they're working in my driveway. This is a Sun Attenuated HUD windshield, OEM. So just over 30days to get the OEM windshield.

They were able to replace it with non OEM but the installer told me to get the OEM as i only have 7500 miles on the car and when it's that new the insurance will cover it, i figured why not. They did have the non-OEM in stock back in July.

Quick Reply: Windshields are back ordered...