4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

2014 Northwest Challenge sept 26-28

Old 08-26-2014, 11:22 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Northwest Challenge sept 26-28

Anyone going to The Northwest Challenge is one of the defining events of both the Pacific Coast Rover Club, and the Rover-Landers of B.C. Land Rover Clubs. It’s an opportunity for Rover owners and their Navigators to grow their driving and navigational skills in an environment that’s fun and full of camaraderie. This year’s Northwest Challenge will be held in Central Washington, West of Naches, from September 26 – 28, 2014. Events will start on the night of Friday, September 26.

This year’s tasks will include tests of driving skill, navigation, communication, preparation, and problem solving. Competitors may even have tasks to complete on their way to the event (I’m sneaky like that….). Each entrant vehicle will consist of a Driver and Navigator driving a Land Rover of sound mechanical condition. Entrants may be teamed up with other entrants during the event for reasons of safety and competitive fun! While we will be operating from a base camp, entrants should come prepared with all of the food, water, and recovery and safety gear to spend more than 24 hours out in the forest. Maybe you’ll be required to…maybe not, but come prepared!

While the Northwest Challenge has gained a reputation over the last 25 years as a hard-core event where body damage is requisite, this has not really been the case lately. Sure, sometimes mishaps happen. Often, though, these mishaps occur when people let their competitive spirit win out over their better judgment. This year’s event is intended to be challenging, and will likely include some challenging terrain. However, it will be able to be completed without body damage…if you can maintain your composure! Also, I would love to see some Series trucks involved, so there will be some form of additional recognition for 4-cylinder, leaf-sprung competitors!

Preparation for the event is now in full swing. I really hope to see you at the event!

Please contact Mike Bach at info@nwchallenge.com or president@pcrc.net with any questions you may have.

• As per NWC criteria: Land Rovers only and all Teams must consist of a Driver & Co-Driver with a mechanically sound truck. No exceptions!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:36 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a navigator for this event mine broke his leg so if anyone would like to go or know someone let me know ASAP

Thanks
Michael