4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Anyone near Kansas City?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't, and i know of 14 of us in this area! Just went and looked at the truck in lee summit for $1500 on craigs list. Don't waist your time on that one. Its been beat to hell and has jb weld holding the radiator together, head gaskets, deep knock in motor, scratched up around all door handles kinda like they have been beat with a ice scraper, trim is really faded, missing molding, water pump, all cooling hoses need replaced, front bumper has a large hole, brush guard is rusted to no repair, air conditioning lines are broken on pump, needs plugs and wires, had 13 codes and about every seal on the thing was leaking ie drive train & engine......its thrashed to say the least...... on the plus side it has some them dubs on it..... oh and the spare wheel is cracked and curb checked. Buyer beware.

Last edited by lr2001silver; 01-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont know that one either. I know of one exactly like that, except dark green. He is here in Lee's Summit as well. He used to live out west and went wheeling like every other day, but since moving out here has lost interest, and I rarely see him around. I also know of a black one similar to that one, but, minus the rack, and I am pretty sure he is located here in Lakewood, because thats were I always see him, but have never had the chance to talk to him. There is also an orange one minus the roof rack over in Independence. Haven't had the chance to meet up with him/her either. But its obvious that he/she definitely wheels it.

Anyone know about the white one with the ARB bumper? I see him around Lakewood often enough, and a lot of times on the 435. Cant tell if he just has it, or wheels it.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Three Wheeling

The white one with the ARB? There is an LR3 in my neck of the woods rocking an ARB or are you talking a Disco?

And just as a head count, what part of town is everyone from?

Maybe we can all grab a few beers soon.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Nope, a D1. not exactly sure on specific year. And as you all know, I am over in Lees Summit.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Drifting

I'm in Excelsior Springs, MO.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gladstone, I'll be in touch with all of you today!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm on the KS side in Olathe. I'm out of commission until Saturday...but i'm down for grabbing beer & pizza this weekend?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Drifting

I am also here in KC, I live in Midtown. I have only had my D1 for 6 months. I am up for some off roading, but I am down for another week until I get my new front drive shaft. If you guys are starting a club I am definitely interested in joining.

1997 D1 SD

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Mudding

I live in Lenexa... Currently overhauling the cooling system, but will be down when it's all finished.

There is a shop near Shawnee Mission Parkway and I-35 with a decent looking '02 SE. Doesn't run, the owner abandoned it after she couldn't pay for repairs. May be good for parts. Has an okay brush guard, some rust.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Rock Crawling

I think Drew is hoping for as many of us as possible to meet up in Downtown KC for lunch this sunday. Any takers? I know I will be there, along with Drew (LR2001SILVER). We arent sure on where exactly would be a good place, so suggestions welcome. I am sure he has email most of you already, but for those who have not received his email, PM him from this forum.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Kansas City?