4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway

We took another day adventure to Daniel Boone country yesterday. This time we decided to hit the &quot;Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway&quot;. The Byway is in the same region that a lot of the &quot;KAT&quot; is. Although, the DBBB is more suited for a day trip because it is a lot shorter of a trail than the KAT. <br />
<br />
We started at the beginning and headed into the trail. We quickly found out that we might have bitten off more than we could chew. We found ourselves in more technical terrain than any person should be by themselves in a stock 4x4. Nonetheless, we survived the section of the Byway and with the applause of some locals after a display of tire smoke and bravery, we made it out of the rocky bowl and up Fincastle road back to the black top.<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, I forgot my DSLR and we only were able to make a 5 minute video of some sections of the trail. My wife served as the spotter and cameraman. I'll go ahead and apologize for her inexperience at both, but I wouldn't have wanted to tackle the adventure without her and the boys. <br />
<br />
Here's the video. Enjoy.<br />
DBBB in a stock Discovery:
<br/>

Old 09-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Great video. Looks like a good time.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
Great video. Looks like a good time.
Thanks. We had a great time. I wish I had gotten more of the nastier spots on video. I'll bring my camera next time.

That's a really good region for exploring. So many trails and stuff to do.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

With common sense a stock disco will get you most places, the scenery looks similar to my local area.