4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Midwest Rover Rally - New Event!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts
Default Midwest Rover Rally - New Event!

May 17-19, 2013
Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana

First and foremost this is a low key event. This event is being hosted by not one club but being organized by four clubs; the Chicago Land Rover Club, Green Oval Guild, Miami Valley Land Rover Society, and St Louis Land Rover Club. The reason for the event is to give Land Rover enthusiasts in the greater Midwest area an opportunity to gather and wheel together without having to drive 12+ hours. The Badlands is a great venue due to its centralized location; it’s about a 4 hour drive from Chicago, St Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, and so on. Badlands is a reclaimed rock quarry and offers a great variety of terrain. There’s giant sand and pea gravel dunes, a large rock garden to play around in, mud, creeks, trees, etc.

As mentioned above this event is low key. No registration to fill out and no memberships to buy. All you need to pay for is your admission to the park, accommodations, and food. The emphasis of this event is meeting new people, wheeling, and having a great time. This is the first year for this event, with many more to come hopefully.

The event will run all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The park is open 9-7 Friday and Saturday, 9-5 on Sunday. We’ll meet in the upper parking lot at 9am each day and would like to be on the trails by 9:30am. Members of the clubs will be available to lead, or at least make sure you can find your way back.
Saturday at noon there will be a flex contest on the Badlands RTI ramp. Come flex it out!

Accommodations:
Attica Family Campground is located literally about 100 yards from Badlands. They have agreed to set aside an area towards the back that we can have. This will be the primary camping/gathering area. Scenery isn’t its strong point but it’s very close and can accommodate a large group. You can start reserving spots in April.
Turkey Run and Shades State Parks are much more scenic but are located about 30 minutes away and have no group camp sites. These State Parks are great for hiking and exploring if you’re looking for a change of pace from wheeling.

Links:
Badlands Off Road Park
Attica Family Campground
Event Map

Please post up any questions or comments.
Hope to see you out there!!!

Last edited by fishEH; 02-14-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Camel Trophy

Official event website.
Midwest Land Rover Rally
Feel free to RSVP so we can get a rough headcount. Thanks!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm....might be a good way to learn & break in my new L322

Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Camel Trophy

Anybody from this board planning on coming? We expect a pretty good turn out and should be a fun time.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have RSVP'd and plan on attending. Should be a good time.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by bumpdaddy
I have RSVP'd and plan on attending. Should be a good time.
Great! Where ya from and what do you drive?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chicago area. I have a small travel trailer I plan on towing down there and going to do the camping thing. I have a stock 2007 LR3, but I know The Badlands has all sorts of different terrain (not just terrain you need a rock crawler for), so I'm going to hit the "lighter" stuff. Besides, I can't mess up my tow vehicle - I need it to get my camper back!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Love the Indiana Badlands! Ive been there a handful of times. I will have to pass on this one, we are expecting our son to be born anyday now and he will be to new for me to leave home for a few days.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Working on being there Brett need to finish the motor swap and I'm good to go...

Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Camel Trophy

Couple things to note.
- There is a TREC race and a Rally Race May 18th at the park. Doesn't impact the park hours or terrain. Spectators are free from what I have been told. With any luck the yellow RRC Brad from RockStar Fab has been building will be ready and running the TREC race.
- T-shirts are just about finalized. We will do a short pre-sale. So if you definitely want one then this will be the way to go. We will also have a limited quantity on-hand at the event, with the possibility of putting the design on CafePress afterwards.

I'm super stoked about this event!!!!! .....and also scrambling to get my truck ready, LOL.

Quick Reply: Midwest Rover Rally - New Event!