4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Old Florida Road: June 15th 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:09 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm happy to see that the Florida trail is still open. I think the first time I went was with a bunch of Jeeps back in 2000 or so. We did a Jeep vs. Land Rover thing. I think there were three Land Rovers, a D90, a brand new DII and my '85 Range Rover. There were a lot more Jeeps. It was a great time. The DII sustained body damage on the rear quarter shortly in on the trail The guy was remarkably cool about it considering the truck was so new. The water at the end of the trail was really deep. There was a go around but the MA DEP said we couldn't use it. There were all sorts of legal things going on back then and there was talk the trail would likely be closed.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Dealing with the shuttle valve switch failure, despite having replaced svs. From everything Ive gathered here on the forum, I believed as much BUT as is the case so many times with **** you read online.... complete garbage! Least in my case. The TC would make the audible sound it makes when its working and I could feel the wheels spin, stop spinning then pull me forward without any increase in accelerator pressure. I was very impressed with the system to say the least. I still had to be winched 4 times during the 7+ hour trek but it was alot of fun and a learning curve. I feel like the TC works great on rocks and inclines but works terrible in deep snow/ice and on main roads when you hit a patch of ice.... My mechanic confirmed that the 3 amigos does not necessarily mean the TC stops working. The TC also comes on whenever I drive over bumps, uneven main road surfaces and especially in construction zones. I actually find it rather annoying and wish there was a option to turn off/turn on the TC...
That's not from the internet, it's from RAVE. According to RAVE, if a fault is detected then the lights are lit and the only sensor fault that doesn't disable ETC is a brake light relay. I guess RAVE is wrong.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:21 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
That's not from the internet, it's from RAVE. According to RAVE, if a fault is detected then the lights are lit and the only sensor fault that doesn't disable ETC is a brake light relay. I guess RAVE is wrong.
My brake lights work just fine. Rave or no Rave my TC still works now and was indeed working on the trail. Ive owned this truck for years now and never understood or noticed the TC actually working to push the vehicle forward until I hit this trail. Always heard the audible but the system was not noticeable in deep snow. As stated before I would occasionally get a little stuck. Moderate consistant pressure on the gas would have the wheels spinning fruitlessly for afew seconds, then the wheels would stop spinning and the vehicle would creep forward without any additional input by me. In every case the audible TC sound would come on.

In recent months Ive replaced all 4 abs sensors and the shuttle valve switch piece. Still have the svw failure and still have 3 amigos plus brake light. Still hear the TC when I go over bumps. The Rave is a good reference point but on the trail its pretty useless. Fact of the matter is... My TC still works.