4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Roverlanders BC 4 Peaks Run 27 -30 July

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:44 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,178 Likes on 815 Posts
Default Roverlanders BC 4 Peaks Run 27 -30 July

I will have full report shortly but here is some teasers

My Disco top of Pavilion Mtn

We consider this a "good road"

A lot of these roads

The road around Mud lakes, the shallow bit, it was deep in a few a spots over my steps by a but 1/2 an inch for a short run.

More good road, I am at the back so I often saw no one else for miles

The "road" up to the top of China dead Mtn.

The Disco on top of China Head peak 2

The Horde 1 Disco 2 2 Disco 1's 1 LR 3 Then the usual Series, Defenders and 110's 12 trucks in total

And 2 short videos the most technical section a about 200M in total, I will note the Spotter Bjorn did an outstanding job, the Disco 1 had some brake issues hence the excitement. Apparently I was dead boring barely lifted the rear right tire, no video I was last in line

Descent to Mud Lakes LR3

Descent to Mud lakes Disco 1

Old 08-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Camel Trophy

This was the brief from our club president Andy on the trip :

This is a breath-taking, beautiful area to explore, wilderness areas, no facilities, 4 day off road adventure.
So... go see the "Boss" get your days booked off, get your Land Rover ready and lets see you out there....

Peak to Peak 4 Day Off-Road Adventure – Sat 27th to Tue 30th July 2019
Saturday Day 1 – Meet at Tim Hortons in Squamish (Industrial Way) at 9am, departing at 9.30am sharp, come early for breakfast / fuel etc.. Depart Squamish to Pavilion Mountain Peak to Pear Lake Camp (near Kelly Lake)
Sunday Day 2 – Departing Pear Lake camp at 9am, heading through Edge Hills Prov Park to the Big Bar Grand Canyon, using the free ferry to cross the river then crossing over China Head Mountain Peak to the Davy Jones Creek Camp.
Monday Day 3 – 9am depart Davy Creek camp for Poison Mountain Peak, then onto Mud Lakes and down to Carpenter Lake Camp
Tuesday Day 4 – 9am depart Carpenter Lake camp, south to the old Bralorne Mines, then down Hurley Pass to Pemberton and back to Squamish
As I had already arranged for time off to do a solo run I had to make a choice,go the club or run solo. My wife preferred a group given events in Northern BC at the beginning of the week, so group run it was.

For me the trip ran about 650 to 700 Km in total, 420 to 450 miles of that about 200 miles was hiway largely along BC;'s Sea to Sky hiway, this is a beautiful drive but as you can imagine no pictures as I run by myself in the Disco.
I was up and out of the house by 6:30 to meet the group in Squamish BC at 9:00, and as usual did not miss a single traffic light and traffic was light, which got me there by 8:00, so I had a cup of coffee, at the Tim Hortons while the rest of the group trickled in.

The group is fairly diverse in age the youngest being 16, the daughter of the fellow driving the LR3 and oldest being over 60. We had just the 2 women, along with 2 dogs both old.

We got going a little past 10, there is always someone who is late, we did have a nice chat with a local RCMP officer who saw the group and thought we had a bunch of interesting looking trucks.

Once on the road we traveled from Squamish, bypassing Whistler to Lillooet. From Lillooet it is a short drive to the trailhead ( about 20 minutes).

The road the bypasses downtown Whistler :

Fueling up in Lillooet, it always takes longer than anyone expects and we took up a lot of parking space. A bright orange Defender showed up as we were fueling just to chat, if someone got a picture I will post it.

Airing down on the Pavilion FSR, and BC weather showed up, raining just until we finished airing down.

Our club president does not like just driving FSR's so we take a lot of little "shortcuts"

A couple of last ones for now traveling the Pavilion FSR towards the peak. Will notice through this series of images, and others how much the vegetation changes. We could go from dry flat semi-desert to west coast forest to high alpine forest then alpine meadow in the course of a hour or 2.

I will have the end of day 1 shortly

Old 08-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Camel Trophy

Pavilion Mtn has 4 sets of cell towers right in the area, but you can see along ways. The peak is at about 6854 ft.

Google map link for those interested :

Views from the peak :

The horde of Land Rovers at the top

And the poser picture of my disco

The following 2 users liked this post by Richard Gallant:
The Deputy (08-09-2019), whowa004 (08-05-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Lookin good

The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (08-03-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Camel Trophy

Day 1 end, from Pavilion peak we traveled down to to Pear Lake, which from above looks like a pear. This was a pretty easy journey of about 2 hours, there was a fairly steep bit just before the lake but otherwise it was a beautiful drive.

Sean and O'Doul, O'Doul and a old dog and has been bouncing around in Rovers since he was a pup

The mountain plants were in full bloom, in most places

There is a rail crossing just before the entrance to the park and few cabins

I think I caught a fish jumping just in front of the of the Heron/Egret

I do not a have any images of the campsite, I was a wee bit tired and the 1st night is always bit disorganized. But other than a bit of rain and 1 train it was a quiet and peaceful location.

After a good meal of pork chops, fried potatoes and mushrooms, I spent some time around the fire and called an early night a 10:00ish and was sound asleep pretty quick.

Day 2 to follow, as others get their pictures up and I will post more images of Day 1

whowa004 (08-05-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 10:45 AM
Camel Trophy

A few pictures of the campsite at Pear Lake from other folks

Old 08-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Awesome shots. Looks like a great time

Richard Gallant (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Day 2, dawned bright and clear everyone was up packed and ready to go by 9:00 am nearly a miracle, we had a brief drivers meeting and were off for part one of what turned out to be an eventful day. From Pear lake we traveled the Jesmond FSR, and then dropped to an FSR that runs along the river. This got us to the the Big Bar reaction ferry, this took with a photo stop or 2, 3 hours. The reaction ferry is very cool and powered solely via river power. The fellow who was running the ferry told his trainee that he could only take 2 Land Rovers as they were not light little trucks like jeeps, where he could take 3. You can read about the reaction ferries here, Big Bar ferry info . It took a little over 40 minutes to get us all across, time spent having lunch.

Jesmond FSR

Fraser River in the distance

More of the river you can see the road we end up on along the the trees at the edge of the river

1st photo stop trucks everywhere, but you could get past us

My Disco and P38

Just another angle of the parking lot.

A nice little walk out with a bench, must be a favourite spot of one of the ranchers

The reason I say it is a favorite spot they buried their dog there, very pretty and very quiet most days.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Camel Trophy

More to come

Old 08-09-2019, 02:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Okay, who's the wise guy that camped on the trail...lol. And, did l actually see a woman in a dress earlier?

Wow, what a great looking trip so far. If we had areas like that around here, my wife would forget what l looked like. Says a lot about your off-road experence, since they stuck you last. Whenever we are wheeling or riding (dirt bikes), the two most experenced go first and last.

Thank you Richard...for taking the time and effort to post these pictures.

Brian.

Quick Reply: Roverlanders BC 4 Peaks Run 27 -30 July