4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Roverlanders BC 4 Peaks Run 27 -30 July

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Oh, and l hate to tell you...but on that China Head peak summit...l believe it was slightly higher just to your left...so, you actually missed the summit by a foot or two...must redo...lol.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:45 AM
Camel Trophy

Also, one more also, is that an extended sleeping platform in the old green series on the right.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,178 Likes on 815 Posts

@The Deputy

As to the dress thing that, photo optical illusion, that is Chris. He has quite long hair, and is the red head's Deborah's son. She is very interesting woman, she has driven her Harley in a lot of interesting places outside North America.

Yea I tend to just miss the mark, on those peaks - but you not want to stuck on top

Yes he has a pullout on the old green series, it is pretty cool. The orange 110 has what is left of a camel trophy sticker on the door, but we decided the door only might have made the trophy. Colin who drives it is a young guy who is rebuilding it with his dad's help.

The truck on the road is good no trail that is pretty much the end of the road.

As tail end I have a good radio, tall antenna and 25 years in the part time army. Lots of experience doing that kind of thing as a reconnaissance trooper, but I usually was in front because I can read map and ground well. And I don't mind.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Camel Trophy

Day 2 continues, after the photo stop we need to descend about 2000 M in a little under 1.5 Km, the road was posted as a 29% grade. Narrow with lots of switchbacks, being in the back I just put the Disco in low range 1st gear and let the engine do most of the work. On this downhill Martin in a Disco 1 had some serious brake fade, from overheating of the brakes. It was partly temps and partly following behind all the diesel trucks with their much lower gearing. Not a big deal but it did create a concern for the rest of trip for him, he was careful there after with following distance and it was not really much of an issue.

O'Doul, checking out the flowers. He is a serious food mooch, but very friendly.

Shaun and O'doul getting ready to head down

Andy our fearless leader off the switch backs

More of the horde on the way down, the barn is related to the ranching in the area

Zoomed in shot for scale

An old log cabin at the bottom, it posted no trespassing so pictures from the fence line only

More of day 2 later

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (08-12-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 03:59 AM
Camel Trophy

Amazing landscape. Interesting how this rancher decided to make is mark there, amongst all of what's looks to be russian thistle (tumble weed), poor soil quality and stark surroundings. Looks more like an outpost to me or line ranch. Anyhow, good stuff...really enjoying the journey.

Yeah, figured the trail was a dead end or a spur...but just thought l'd mention it. Don't need newbies thinking this is the norm...lol.

Yep, being a mechanic...l've spent most of my time at the rear during snowmobling and 4X4 outings. Just can't do it during dirt bike riding, rode motocross back in the day...and my competitive side comes out.

Brian.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:12 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
@The Deputy

As to the dress thing that, photo optical illusion, that is Chris. He has quite long hair, and is the red head's Deborah's son.

If this is Chris...you have some might attractive men out there (and being 110% heterosexual...this is something l'd have never of thought l'd say over the internet...lol).

Brian.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Camel Trophy

Of course...if l was on a Land Rover outing and there was an attractive woman along that looked like that...l'd have to convince the wife that she was a man too.

I can see it now..."No hon, that's a man in that dress." "Oh sure it is...(pow...left hook...right in the kisser)."

Old 08-10-2019, 01:27 PM
Camel Trophy

@The Deputy Ah that picture nope shorts, and definitely a woman We usually have 1 or two. The 16 year old "bossing" her dad around was great, does not her her mom to come out because then she would get bossed around.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:18 AM
Camel Trophy

This just go posted would have been a great intro video for this thread, the guy struggling with the hose on the Ford F350 expansion tank would be me, more about that later.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Camel Trophy

Pure and unadulterated awesomeness!!!

Living the dream out there.

Brian.

Quick Reply: Roverlanders BC 4 Peaks Run 27 -30 July