4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

September 11, 2010 Rausch Creek, PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Baja
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by whatroad
Are the trails hard? Would I damage my paint? What modifications would be needed to go there? Thanks for any help.
no mods needed. im going bone stock. i don't even have my lift installed yet. as for damaging your paint im not going to tell you no because its up to you to stay on the trail with help from the spotters you should be ok just don't go all ape ****.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Long Haul
Ed, I'll probably stay up Saterday nite if my work schedule allows me to...But i wont be able to come up till sat morning (I only live about 2 hrs away)

FML just found out i told my sister i would babysit her kids Sat evening. so I will be there fri night camping out and we are going wheeling Sat so I will you can meet us there Sat, here is my cell 914-815-7540 not sure what reception is like out there though. Then Sat evening im heading back to Jersey. no wheeling for me on sunday =-( FYI I'm about 3 hours 15 mins away.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran my 04 out there when it was bone stock. Ran all the blue/greens, and even a few blacks.

Cell phone reception was good there.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
8th Gear
Default joining in the fun at Rausch

Hey guys, been chatting with one of the other folks here and plan on joining the caravan through Rausch if you don't mind. I was up there in mid-July (my virgin off-road trek) and had a blast and have been dying to get back. Going to bring my boys up on Friday night and camp so we can be there bright and early (we live about two hours away in DE).

Great trails there - like one of the earlier posts said, ran with my stock Rover on most of the blues and greens and as it got later in the day and my confidence built i made it out on a couple of black trails. Had the three amigos with me on that trip so had no TC and only had one close call where it would have come in handy, otherwise the Rover took everything we put her through. Which was good since i realized most people tow their trail trucks in only after i drove in to the parking lot (the fact that people didnt want to rely on driving the same car home almost sent me packing before i started) - But good spotters, common sense, and good judgment help to make sure you have fun AND can drive home.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Baja

awesome! do you plan on camping at camp a while? thats where a few of us will be.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
8th Gear

Most likely at campawhile, waiting to see what my friend here at work wants to do - they're driving a camper towing a rig plus thier other jeep being towed by another vehicle (husband/wife are both wheelers that drive thier own pet projects). They need to make sure there's space enough. Now planning to possibly stay over on Saturday night (assuming no major damage is done on saturday - if i wreck something too badly i may have to live there for a while ). Would be fun to have a beer or two and lament on the days activities and adventures.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Mudding

Camp a While has trailer spots with hook-ups. Just leave the other towing truck with
car trailer in the parking lot.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
8th Gear

good call, didn't realize they'd let you do that. BTW, i have an ABS Amigo in the glove box if any will need it. Wont have a pc to necessarily read the codes but can pull them when i get home and e-mail the diagnostic to you (unless more than one person needs a reset). Talked to the boss tonight and looks like staying Saturday night camping is a GO. Shaping up to be a good weekend hanging out with my boys, wheelin', and enjoying some Rover time with other enthusiasts.

Anyone know of a used roof rack for sale anywhere? Been looking but not seen anything used posted. Going to need extra room to carry camping gear, tools, and all my spare parts

Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Baja

im bringing my amigo and my laptop and my cheapo scanner. ill be at camp a while fri night but i cant stay sat night.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 PM
8th Gear

Confirmed today. will be at campawhilepa on Firday night (don't know what time yet, cant leave DE until the boys are out of school at 3:30). Staying Saturday night for sure. Looking forward to meeting some new LR friends.

Quick Reply: September 11, 2010 Rausch Creek, PA