4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Washington (state) Camping Spots?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Washington (state) Camping Spots?

Anyone got any recommendations for camping east of the Cascades?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

East of the Cascades no, but there are several of us camping this weekend near Olympia WA if that helps

Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by pilsner
East of the Cascades no, but there are several of us camping this weekend near Olympia WA if that helps
Nice! You going to have your HG done in time to take your rig? Did you find that junk yard in SE Olympia off of Fir? They had a DI and a DII a couple months ago.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Winching

If the last stupid part gets here in time then yes I am taking the rover. The pick-a-part in Olympia did not have the part I needed. I assume it was already taken as they had a D2 in the yard last year.
We are camping along the nisqually river from thur to the 4th if you get into the area you oughta hit me with a text and we shall have an adult beverage and talk rovers

brian
360-481-3563

Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
TReK

Good stuff, I've been following your HG saga, or "bonding experience"

I'm stuck working through Saturday this week, and the fiance' wants to find some 80 degree weather so we're headed east Saturday afternoon, so I'll have to miss out on this trip. But since your truck is back in order, I'll have to meet up with you guys sometime. I work in Lacey...so I'm down here all of the time.

-Rob

Old 06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Winching

Lacey huh? no ****. Where do you work at? Incidently there is a GREAT spot to run some trails and some mild mud holes just south of there (I actually live in Lacey out by Long Lake oddly enough) on some military training area that I have access to. When my baby is feeling better (ordering the pulley in the am and hoping the part is here by thurs pm. keep your fingers crossed!) We shall hafta link up some evening and go play. Its only about 15 mins south of Lacey. If you look in the photo gallery under my name the pics in there were taken out at T.A. 23.

let me know
brian

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM
TReK

I work at Bellevue Healthcare (misleading name) on Pacific Ave, right across the street from the Red Bike Piano Bar.

I've been back there once off Rainier Rd, off on the "roads" where the signs say "Authorized Military Personnel Only" (don't turn me in) There's some wicked spots! Are some of those areas Stryker or Humvee test courses because they seem to be set up to test vehicle/driver capability?

I'm down to go anytime, as long as I know a day in advance I can drive my Rover down (rather than the good gas mileage car) and we'll go try and get stuck!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Winching

Yes that is the area. That isnt the actual test track for army vehicles but it is nicely rutted up from humvees and whatnot. As soon as my rover gets finished I will give you a holler and we will go play. You are allowed back there as long as I am with you. benefits of having a military ID...

Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
TReK

Sweet! Let's do it!

I'm planning on stopping by that junk yard down in SE Oly today to get the wiper arms off that DI, let me know if you need me to check something out for you.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit me up when you guys decide to go out there. I will make the trip down south and play with you guys. I think that i have been to that piano bar... memory is a little spotty though. haha.

Quick Reply: Washington (state) Camping Spots?