Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

My cd cartridge wont come out!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cd cartridge wont come out!!!!!!

My 5 disc cartridge on my Land Rover Dsicovery wont come out and I dont know what happened. I hit the eject button under the seat and nothing happens except for a little sputtering every once in a while. When I try to play one of those cds all it will say on the screen is "load" for a while then "Err". Anyone know how I can fix this?

Old 01-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: My cd cartridge wont come out!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Drifting

Come on someone help me, I imagine its going to be a pain in the butt to get the cd player out from under their. HELP!!!!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Drifting

Lebowski,

Did you ever get your cartridge out? I have a similar problem. The head unit doesn't seem to recognize that there is a cd player installed, and the player won't eject the cartridge, but often there is a quiet, clicking noise coming from the changer. I have gotten down there and it seems to have power and there is a red light on internally to the player. I figgure my first move is to try and get the cartridge out.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Overlanding

This happened on my Disco II. Is your changer under the passanger seat? If so, there are two bolts on either side of the changer (8 or 10mm, cant remember) take those off and then disco the elec clip and you can remove the changer. You might have to have the seat all the way back and up to remove it easily, I did anyway. From there you can just take the front of the changer off by pulling gently. You will then need to remove the brakets on the sides, then the phillips head screws holding the top cover on. From there you should be able to see inside the changer to see what the culprit is. Assemble in reverse order.

--This was all assuming that you have a Disco II with a passenger mounted chager.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 AM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the club of 'My cd cartridge wont come out!!!!!!' I too have a 00 Disco II. I managed to take out the changer from under the passenger seat and opened the unit but I can seem to figure out how to eject that cartridge! When I try to force to retract no. 3 CD tray it just wont go. HELP! Anyone out there had some success?

Cheers!
GT

Old 04-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: gtf8326

Add me to the club of 'My cd cartridge wont come out!!!!!!' I too have a 00 Disco II. I managed to take out the changer from under the passenger seat and opened the unit but I can seem to figure out how to eject that cartridge! When I try to force to retract no. 3 CD tray it just wont go. HELP! Anyone out there had some success?

Cheers!
GT
Try taking some sort of small pick or small flat-head screwdriver and gently force the cartrige back in. I was having this same problem with mine and I gave it a little loving with a small flat-head with the caseing open and it came out fine. Also how long has it been since you have changed your battery?

Old 07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Drifting

yeop me too. i have a changer, but mine is in the back.. on my 00