Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

radio/ amp

Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio/ amp

I am having poblems with a 1999 Disco imported from Japan. The radio is present and powers up but no sound comes out. I am told there should be an amplifier under the front right seat but it is missing. There are two connectors, one big multi pin and one small one under the seat. I tried to plug a new JVC radio in to the dashboard, which does the same. I am told that the speakers are wired from the amp so are not connecting to the radio without the amp being present.
Can I rewire the speakers to the new radio or do I need to get an amp?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having poblems with a 1999 Disco imported from Japan. The radio is present and powers up but no sound comes out. I am told there should be an amplifier under the front right seat but it is missing. There are two connectors, one big multi pin and one small one under the seat. I tried to plug a new JVC radio in to the dashboard, which does the same. I am told that the speakers are wired from the amp so are not connecting to the radio without the amp being present.
Can I rewire the speakers to the new radio or do I need to get an amp?