Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

The discovering Discos aren’t junk resto DD buildo threado dealio

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 04:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

I’ve not posted in a while as life is psycho busy as always (and the world seems to like to act like idiots even more now that we are past the social engineering exercise), but rest assured, my D2 addiction is very much still alive and well, and I pop in from time to time and offer some input and live vicariously through all you guys.

I thought I might post some pics from a show a little while back that we went to at the Mercedes museum that had some cool G Wagens and such. Oddly, I’ve not seen too many Defenders, but they are around from time to time. The boss saw a couple parked next to each other on one of the installations this week and I’ve shopped a bit for them and we might actually do that before a 911 (again, if we can swing it). I’ve shopped on Td5 D2s a bit and they are all pretty horribly clapped out, poorly optioned or absolutely absurd prices. The boss wants a Defender more, so we might do that instead as the prices are way lower, and significantly more to choose from.

Anyway, some G Wagen content…

I think this is one- or a replica of- the Dakar racers.

The long winter is starting to set in, but at least the Christmas markets are starting up soon. I ordered winter wheels for the S4 and will have winter tires mounted soon, which is odd as I’ve never really driven it in the winter what with having the Jeep or Disco for winter duty.

Life here is as annoying as ever, but there are positives and we’re having fun. We’ve not done too many trips thus far other than to Milan for fashion week for Princess Fussy Pants (she’s getting into runway modeling) and down to the Disney castle and of course the myriad of German festivals, but hopefully as we get more settled we’ll be able to get out more.

The following 3 users liked this post by longtallsally:
The Deputy (04-28-2024), whowa004 (11-13-2023), YETIX (02-20-2024)