Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Build Threads (https://landroverforums.com/forum/build-threads-43/)
-   -   Operation Magpie. (https://landroverforums.com/forum/build-threads-43/operation-magpie-88272/)

Friday Night Disco 05-18-2018 07:55 PM

Going back and checking some stuff after all the new updates

1. can you bring the RPMs up to 2k and see if the temp goes back down
2. are you sure the water pump is functioning

ihscouts 05-18-2018 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Saturnine (Post 648043)
Combustion test was negative.. Did it 3 times, so i guess that is a relief.....

You performed the test with radiator half full with the engine running to temp 3 times and the fluid remained blue all three tests?

Saturnine 05-19-2018 09:13 AM

Thats my next task for today.. I think i have to rig up some hose dealio from under the kitchen sink, down from the 2nd story and out to the parking spot. Haven't actually pulled the plugs yet but i know where they are.

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 648056)
Have you ever pulled the square looking block plugs on the block itself? I’ve never had to do it, but it is possible to remove them and get extra gunk out. One is kinda hidden by a motor mount and the other is hidden by the starter/engine mount.

Saturnine 05-19-2018 09:17 AM

1. Temps don't go down when holding any RPM.
2. Its a brand new WP -- I get pressure when truck is running and i crack the petcock in addition to feeling coolant flowing through hoses. I still have the old WP that i took off so i suppose i can swap it back.. I'd have to make a gasket out of sealant though, I'm assuming i can't reuse the old one :dunno:

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco (Post 648060)
Going back and checking some stuff after all the new updates

1. can you bring the RPMs up to 2k and see if the temp goes back down
2. are you sure the water pump is functioning

The instructions for the kit i bought doesn't say to empty 1/2 the radiator etc, just that the expansion tank is to be emptied slightly so that no coolant gets sucked up into the test tube thingy. Engine was brought to temp twice and tested and then i did it a third time to verify when the engine was already warm.

Originally Posted by ihscouts (Post 648061)
You performed the test with radiator half full with the engine running to temp 3 times and the fluid remained blue all three tests?

Saturnine 05-19-2018 11:57 PM

Got a hold of a hose finally -- gonna flush the sh*t out of everything tomorrow. It would be rad if a bunch of crap came out and we could all get on with our lives.. Happily

:dunno:

Saturnine 05-20-2018 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeezus.

Thanks to the kid who put the HG sealer in before i bought it :mad:

Brand new Temp sensor..

Attachment 55731

Took the WP off to inspect and it was also covered in slime but still.. Functional. Going to be putting the old one back one which is oddly clean -- going to have to use a gasket sealant to reinstall though. Couldn't get to the hose today, but flushed both the engine and radiator with about 8-10 gallons each -- got a few chunks out of the gooey HG sealer but nothing crazy.

I feel like i should get an award for playing with coolant the most on this forum :dunno:

Fastercat 05-22-2018 05:37 PM

If you get an award for playing in coolant than I should get one for brake fluid. Lol
it was many years ago and I’ve tried to block it from memory. Covered head to toe. I feel like I increased my chance of cancer by 80%

Fastercat 05-22-2018 05:38 PM

Seriously tho I hope you get your truck straightened out.

Saturnine 05-22-2018 06:00 PM

Me too!

*or my wife will kill me*

ArmyRover 05-22-2018 07:55 PM

Well if you disappear is there anyone you want us to let know who did it?

:)