Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

My thought was mainly directed at 21 being the legal drinking age...lol.

Bad things seemed to happen...to me...once I hit 21. Granted, they've made for great stories.

Good luck with the rover.

Side note: Sometimes you just get a problem child. Bought a YJ many moons ago...and that thing pushed me to the brink and beyond. In my entire life, I'd never owned a vehicle that I couldn't fix and have it stay fixed...until that YJ.

Another side note: I know it's cold up there and you have nothing better to do...than to read my thoughts...lol. Anyhow, was at an outdoor show working one time and the Ducks Unlimited dudes were there selling raffle tickets for a Jeep TJ. I bought some. The guy says "Jeep fan?"

"Nope, if I win that thing, I'm taking five pounds of C4, four or five sticks and couple garage bags full of urea...and blowing it off the face of the earth."

Unfortunately, didn't win it.

That's it for bedtime stories.

Brian.

Last edited by The Deputy; 01-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I had a conversation with Paul many years ago about the exact same thing, brake pistons leaking past the seals when very cold...... it's not a rarity, in fact it's very common...... If the pistons are chromed (mine where) they'll flake, scoring the bore and ruin the seal. That requires new/reman calipers, thats the fix. See if Paul has any, I got a good deal and should've off it then........

Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I can,have found reman's.......but......WHY?

The 'Rover' forum is full of excuses........you never hear this CRAP as a Chevy.
Jeep or Ford owner.......bunch of low level crap in my eye's.......How did these things survive this long??? Total f'ing bull**** in my eyes........absolutely the most retarded brand of vehicle I've ever owned.......it FAIL's, without even being driven.......not even a suitable yard ornament........WTF?????

Oh wait.......it's just mine, I'm sorry....
Filing for a divorce shortly.....

Biggest POS EVER BUILT/IMPORTED/EMBARRASSMENT MADE....SOME COUNTRIES PUT MEN ON THE MOON.......OTHERS USE THE METRIC SYSTEM!

Old 01-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Camel Trophy

With the family at the Christmas dinner table I told them I found another Disco and they all turned silent...... and then I laughed. I'm all set with my WJ, love it.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by ihscouts
With the family at the Christmas dinner table I told them I found another Disco and they all turned silent...... and then I laughed. I'm all set with my WJ, love it.
Either, they immediately started a pray vigil in silence or they were speed dialing the psych-ward on their phones under the table...lol.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Detoured Discovey
I can,have found reman's.......but......WHY?

The 'Rover' forum is full of excuses........you never hear this CRAP as a Chevy.
Jeep or Ford owner.......bunch of low level crap in my eye's.......How did these things survive this long??? Total f'ing bull**** in my eyes........absolutely the most retarded brand of vehicle I've ever owned.......it FAIL's, without even being driven.......not even a suitable yard ornament........WTF?????

Oh wait.......it's just mine, I'm sorry....
Filing for a divorce shortly.....

Biggest POS EVER BUILT/IMPORTED/EMBARRASSMENT MADE....SOME COUNTRIES PUT MEN ON THE MOON.......OTHERS USE THE METRIC SYSTEM!
Oh, come on...they make great yard-art. You just can't park them where you'd like to have grass.

Funny, you should mention divorce. That nightmare YJ was purchased shortly before mine, had sold my 944 a few years earlier (l know, you're suppose to get the Porsche...after the divorce..lol) and thought I'd get back into doing a little wheeling.

Now looking back and truth be told...it may have been the best thing for me at the time. It was basically a small, well-needed distraction from the carnage of divorce with children. It let me focus all of my negative energy at it, while leaving my positive energy for dealing with the divorce...if that makes any sense.

Good luck,, with both of your endeavors...rover and the divorce.

Brian.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I'd be divorcing the Rover....
The wife & I are actually getting a long since the move....

I didn't mention I lost all exterior lighting except for head
lights the week prior.......that, after buying a used tail light
to replace the broken one, and going thru the rest of the lighting
making sure I was Johnny Law friendly............just throwing that
out there.............

Deputy.....How does one have problems with a YJ?
I found a crack pipe in one I bought years back....
(true story)

Old 01-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear. It is annoying but every single make has crap design flaws. Seems like you are having some issues for sure.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So a couple weeks ago we had a day above 32*.....So I swapped out those old calipers for some rebuilds.....

Only to discover the rears let go as well, only noticed once under there & bleeding.......So now I get to replace the rears as well, and I do still continue to loose fluid thru them.........But hell, drive it any ways!!!

Still need to figure out the lighting issue, head lights, brake lights & turns....nothing else, I'll replace the switch but is there a relay I'm over looking? Thoughts?......

Carrier I just built for an LR3 friend......came out sweet!

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (02-25-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Camel Trophy

I returned ur call bud. Blessed is the Rovah, they mark their territory. Is that a receiver mounted carrier? I'm gonna raise the Jeeps fuel tank and was thinking along that line....

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-