Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

1994 1995 NAS DI RRC Alarm Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's probably ARMY. He has been busy on the MG forums instead of loving his LR!

Old 11-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
another great sticky that wont make it
I added it to the sticky post. You (or anyone else for that matter) can always send a message to a moderator if you want to suggest something get added to the stickies. I don't always read in detail the D1 forum because I don't have one anymore, and I'm not all that helpful with them, so I basically just look for spam.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Rock Crawling

I actually did send it to ARMY. You just beat him to it!

Thanks

Old 11-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

lol, I beat him he stickied my sticky.

That sounds gross....

Originally Posted by Roverfanatic
That's probably ARMY. He has been busy on the MG forums instead of loving his LR!
I spent some time on the DII she got shiney new Diff guards, a bak-pak-rak and new rims/tires. Then I took her wheeling :P

Last edited by ArmyRover; 11-17-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Lol.... I added the thread to this sticky: https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...section-32402/

So that we wouldn't have a hundred stickies.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Picky picky, good idea seriously lol

Old 11-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

When Paul speaks I bookmark.........

The following users liked this post:
BrionLg (04-19-2019)
Old 12-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Have any pics Army?

Old 03-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roverfanatic
Paul helped me out off-line but for those that are using this for their own alarm issue.. I have a 95' Disco, the alarm is located on a bracket holding 4 or 5 relays and drops down on the passenger footwell side.

This is what I did on mine:

1.Cut black and orange wires on pin 1 and 2 long enough so I could reattach them later if need. Soldered the two wires together.

2. Followed these instructions on bypassing the neutral safety switch.

Neutral Safety Switch Bypass - DiscoWeb Message Boards

Everything works except the alarm and the central locking. The horn is functional.

Tex

Attachment 28030
I gave this a try tonight. Sort of anyway. But I had some differing results from others here. I didn't really have any issues and was more just trying to prevent them before they happen. Especially since I'm stripping this truck to it's bare bones.

So I did the neutral safety switch bypass. Which I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything because the relay the orange/black wire attaches to does not seem to activate regardless of if the ignition is on or not when I ground that wire. But nothing seems to be broken so that's good at least.

Then I moved onto the alarm. I unplugged and removed the alarm. I was expecting the truck to not start until I connected pin 1&2 per the above. However, I decided to test start the truck and it started right up. So for me anyway, the truck runs and all seems to be ok with the alarm unit removed without having to make any other connections.

Which I'm perfectly ok with the above result. But the thing that makes me wonder about pins 1&2 is that. If I connect pin 1&2 I hear one of the relays click. Even if the ignition is turned off. So if jumping theses wires make a relay activate. I would be concerned about this causing a slow drain on the system or having something activated that should not be.

After playing around with this a bit I managed to trace down the relay that's being activated. It's on behind the glove box on the strip of 4 relays right under the passenger air bag. It's the yellow one that's second from the passenger side. Wire colors are White/Yellow, Yellow/Black, Grey/Black, and Red/Black. Does anybody know what this relay is for or what it does?

Thanks,

Tobias

Old 03-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also Tex mentions his Central Locking is not working. Well if we off road we sorta need that.... Assuming Central locking is locking up of Central Differential.

Why does he not have that and how do we get it back if we do these Mods?

Quick Reply: 1994 1995 NAS DI RRC Alarm Bypass