Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

98 Disco Advice to sell!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 98 Disco Advice to sell!

Can someone please tell me who/what/when/where/why/HOW to sell my 98 Land Rover Discovery? Im not looking to make big bucks off the rig, and Im not expert on selling. Im getting a 96 Disco on the 31 of March, needs alot of axle work but its got less miles and the exterior panels are in way better condition in contrast to my 98 Disco. Ive already posted a post on craigslist and one on this site as well. Still no ones interested. When I first started thinking about selling it the asking price was $2,500. Now Im only asking for $1,500 and that price is not even firm! Yes it needs some work on the engine but it still drives. Just needs the rear driveshaft serviced in order to be driveable.

Please help!!!! Cannot afford to keep to Discos in legal road operational condition!

The post is for the 98 Land Rover Discovery with 195K.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If you just posted it today your just going to have to wait.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Nope its been on for a week ago. Had it posted afew weeks prior as well but I reposted it again with cheaper price.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/pr...e-trade-39113/

Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Whats wrong with it?
Have you thought about swapping its good parts with the bad on the '96 your getting?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes it needs some work on the engine but it still drives. Just needs the rear driveshaft serviced in order to be driveable.

What is the engine issue?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

I have considered using parts from my 98 for my 96 disco, but then again I'm renting from a cheap 80 year old man, so having an extra parted vehicle laying around would not be his fancy. Furthermore I.was hoping to use the money from selling my 98 whole, to get all the parts for the 96 that way I can get it up and running quicker. Engine has a bloody missfire that I can't seem to get rid of. I replaced the plugs and wires (probably should have purchased the high performance plugs and wires) and gave it two oil changes over the span of 3 months. I tried seafoam. I continually use marvel mystery oil combinatined with castrol GTX high mileage oil, and most of all I do not beat on the rig nor bring it offroad. And the engine still missfires. Unfortunately the previous owner really beat this diso to ****! Neglected everything under the hood! He focused on lift kit, hid headlights and new.shocks.and slotted rotors... But everything else he beat. When I changed the air filter I was shocked to see it around half an inch shorter width wise then it should be. It was pure black, and the rubber was melted! The spark plugs looked almost burnt out! And the oil was almost empty, old and dirty as all hell. The interior looks like it was ravaged by taz manian devil. He hit a curve and the drivers side.rear went flat, so he threw on a different size tire and left it on long enough that the alighnment went off and the tires are bald on the inside. I brought the.disco to a tire servicing place to inspect the flat tire and do you know what was wrong with it? ... ... ... Dirt in the inside of the rim! The rim was fine and the tire was fine. They cleaned it out, put fresh air in it and I placed it back on. They did not charge me a dam penny! So there you have it. A disco that was badly neglected and I thought I could get her all fixed up. I gave her a tune up, replaced the oil and air filter, toped the fluids and purchased a new fuel filter and transmission filter kit. Both of which still need to be installed. All in all there is just to much work all the way around and I kinda needs something that is not as discouraging to work on and drive. Like the 96. If I had a second functional Robert, and more money in my pocket is just keep them both and retort both of them. One super with premium suspension roof rack, all the offroad goodies, and the other for high performance everyday driving.