Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice to Sell or Keep

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice to Sell or Keep

I have a 2003 Discovery SE7 that I bought new in 2003. Looks like it just came off the lot.

I have drive it very little and as such, just turned 30,000 miles.

Here is my dilemma. I have had numerous repairs over the past few years (all covered under warranty), that would have cost un-godly amounts of money had they not been covered. Couple that with all I read about on these forums about problems, error codes and the like, and I get somewhat concerned.

I am considering selling the vehicle (even though I love looking at it), and getting a Toyota Tacoma Off Road 4 door. I am disgusted with the Kelley Blue Book value of the Rover, but at the end of the day, I cannot help but think that the "loss" I took on the car will not just continue to grow substantially through repairs vs just buying the Toyota and enjoying low maintenance driving.

Am I missing something in this equation, besides moving from a SE7 with DVD and leather, to a TACO?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Advice to Sell or Keep

You won't loose much more. You have already taken the big hit. With gas prices the way they are and the poor resale of these vehicles, you won't get much for your truck. I would spend a couple of grand and extend your warranty. Doesn't sound like you drive a whole lot, so why not do it in what you like?

Put an ad out for a high value. Really what you want out ofit. If there are no inquiries, keep it.

That being said, I didn't even read your post, just the title and was going to tell you to keep it...

Good Luck!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LongRifle

I have a 2003 Discovery SE7 that I bought new in 2003. Looks like it just came off the lot.

I have drive it very little and as such, just turned 30,000 miles.

Here is my dilemma. I have had numerous repairs over the past few years (all covered under warranty), that would have cost un-godly amounts of money had they not been covered. Couple that with all I read about on these forums about problems, error codes and the like, and I get somewhat concerned.

I am considering selling the vehicle (even though I love looking at it), and getting a Toyota Tacoma Off Road 4 door. I am disgusted with the Kelley Blue Book value of the Rover, but at the end of the day, I cannot help but think that the "loss" I took on the car will not just continue to grow substantially through repairs vs just buying the Toyota and enjoying low maintenance driving.

Am I missing something in this equation, besides moving from a SE7 with DVD and leather, to a TACO?

Its a buyers market now, and if we have a hurricane this year it may turn in to a real buyers market.
Fuel cost maybe $4 bucks and up.
Sounds like you dont need a 4x4 ( looks like it just came off the lot) so the next time it needs
a repair you will think why did I keep this thing.

So sell it and move on and remember the good times.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, that is a good suggestion on the extending the warranty...

I just put a call into Land Rover

Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with OKdiscoguy, extend the warrranty and enjoy!