Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

ARB bumper and steering skid plate setup can it be done?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB bumper and steering skid plate setup can it be done?

Hi,

I just got an ARB bumper installed on my Disco 1. I am trying to find out if a skid plate can be installed without issues. I contacted Atlantic British about finding one to work with an ARB front clip. To my surprise that told me no. There's no aftermarket setup for a skid plate to work with an ARB bumper. I am shock to hear this. Has anyone on forum had any success with a practical setup? I could have sworn I have seen Discos with ARB bumper installed along with a skid plate. I spoke a friend of mine and he advised me that it maybe a custom piece of metal work to work with the bumper. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. FYI...I was looking at the Terrain Master steering plate setup.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

First, did you bolt the ARB to the crush cans, if so you need to plate both sides of the crush cans cause the factory mounting is very weak and will twist.
Second, why do you need a from skid plate, I have been wheeling for around 17 years, in areas that most people haven't even drempt about, and never needed ant from armor.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skid plates are mostly for unseen impacts. A simple fabber can rig something up for you. I have been looking at the diff protectors as well. They seem more vulnerable to me than the steering/oil pan.

I agree with Mike, you need to get the mount for the ARB squared away. Literally.